Acceptance is a 2009 drama telefilm starring Mae Whitman and Joan Cusack. The movie was first aired on August 22, 2009, on Lifetime. This film is based on the book Acceptance: A Novel by Susan Coll. The film was directed by Sanaa Hamri.
It is the story about a high school student and overachiever Taylor Rockefeller, who must deal with the pressures of the college admissions process. She also cuts her wrists throughout the movie. She struggles with finding her dream colleges. In the meantime, her mother wants her to go to a top college so she can find a suitable husband. Taylor's parents are about to break up. Taylor realizes that lowly ranked Yates College is the right choice. However, her mother disagrees.
- Mae Whitman as Taylor Rockefeller
- Joan Cusack as Nina Rockefeller
- Mark Moses as Wilson Rockefeller
- Deepti Daryanani as Maya
- Jonathan Keltz as Harry Burton
- Mike Pniewski as Basil Dickerson
- Kiersten Warren as Grace
- Robert Pralgo as Ari
- Rob Mayes as Justin Smelling
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on August 14, 2009. Retrieved August 17, 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on July 22, 2010. Retrieved August 18, 2009.
- edwagreen (August 22, 2009). "Acceptance (TV Movie 2009)". IMDb. Retrieved April 10, 2016.
- "Cusack, Whitman booked for 'Acceptance'". UPI. November 20, 2008. Retrieved April 10, 2016.
- "Lifetime Bringing 'Acceptance' To TV". broadcastingcable.com. Retrieved April 10, 2016.
- Bellafante, Ginia (21 August 2009). "Joan Cusack Stars in a Lifetime Film About College Admissions" – via NYTimes.com.
|This article related to an American television drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|