Ace Von Johnson
|Ace Von Johnson|
Von Johnson in 2017
|Genres||Hard rock, heavy metal, glam metal|
|Associated acts||Cheap Sex, Madcap, the U.S. Bombs, the Generators, Unwritten Law, Murphy's Law, L.A. Guns|
In 2010, he performed on an alternative version of the song "Hollywood Tonight" for the posthumous Michael Jackson album "Michael". The track was produced by Jackson collaborator Ron "Neff-U" Feemster, but was ultimately not released.
Annually since 2012, he has performed with Faster Pussycat on the Monsters of Rock cruise. Two such cruises sailed in 2016 and one each in 2017 and 2018, with Faster Pussycat performing on each, making them the only band to appear on every MoR cruise to this point.
In May 2015, he appeared alongside two of his Faster Pussycat bandmates on VH1 Classic's That Metal Show in the "Stump The Trunk" segment. In August 2015, he performed at Riki Rachtman's's Cathouse Live, a festival that reunited many of the bands from the Cathouse nightclub's heyday, held at Irving Meadows Amphitheater in Irvine, CA. Later in the year, he served as musical director at the Rock and Shock horror and music festival in Worcester, Massachusetts.
Since its inception in January 2015, he has been a regular featured performer at Ultimate Jam Night, a weekly music showcase first held at Lucky Strike Live before moving to the Whisky a Go Go, both in Hollywood, CA.
- "Guitarist Rejoins Faster Pussycat On Stage « HOT METAL". Hotmetalonline.com. 2014-01-26. Retrieved 2016-01-24.
- "L.A. Guns unveil 4th different guitarist this year with Ace Von Johnson doing longer tour runs – Sleaze Roxx". sleazeroxx.com. Retrieved 2018-09-29.
- "Ace Von Johnson of Faster Pussycat". Amplified Edge. Retrieved 2016-01-24.
- "Tours: Duane Peters (acoustic)". Punknews.org. 2010-01-12. Retrieved 2016-01-24.
- "News - ROCK AND SHOCK FESTIVAL 2015 Performers Revealed". Knac.com. 2015-10-09. Retrieved 2016-01-24.
- Hallam, Scott (2015-10-05). "Faster Pussycat's Ace Von Johnson Talks Returning to Rock and Shock with The Rocking Dead". Dread Central. Retrieved 2016-01-24.