Acharapakkam hill along NH45
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Acharapakkam is a panchayat town in Kancheepuram district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is famous for its ancient Shiva temple (Arulmigu Aatcheeswarar Temple) which is one of the Devaram temples. Acharapakkam town is about 96 km south-west from Chennai city, which is now included with the Chennai Metropolitan Area limits. Hence considered as Chennai suburban area.
The Police Station in Acharapakkam is one of the oldest police stations in Tamil Nadu, witnessing over 100 years of its existence.
As of 2001[update] India census, Acharapakkam had a population of 9013. Males and females each have an equal percentage of the population. Its literacy rate of almost 73% is higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 56% of the males and 44% of females being literate. 10% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- St.Josephs matriculation hr. sec School
- Adhi parasakthi primary school
- Marwar Government Higher. Secondary School
- GOVT GIRLS HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL
As Acharapakkam lies on the Busy NH45, this place is easily reachable from any part of the state. TNSTC-VPM operates buses between Acharapakkam and major parts of the district, and also to some deep interior villages. Although long distance buses (SETC & others) don't stop here at Acharapakkam, due to its proximity to Melmaruvathur, one can easily access Acharapakkam by alighting at Melmaruvathur. Both government and private buses serve Acharapakkam.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "List of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies" (PDF). Tamil Nadu. Election Commission of India. Archived (PDF) from the original on 31 October 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
||Kanchipuram - 68 km||Chennai - 96 km
Chengalpattu - 38 km
Melmaruvathur - 3 km
|Vandavasi - 32 km||sadras - 30 km|
|Tindivanam - 28 km||Pondicherry - 68 km|
|Next station northbound:
|South Line, Chennai Suburban||Next station southbound:
|Stop number: 36||KM from start: 98.21|