Bartlett playing for Hartlepool United in 2015
|Full name||Adam James Bartlett|
|Date of birth||27 February 1986|
|Place of birth||Newcastle upon Tyne, England|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2009||→ Cambridge United (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:00, 11 February 2017 (UTC).
Adam James Bartlett (born 27 February 1986) is an English semi-professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for Darlington 1883. Bartlett is also a full-time academy goalkeeper coach for Middlesbrough. His other previous clubs include Blyth Spartans, Kidderminster Harriers, Hereford United, Gateshead and Hartlepool United. During his final year at Blyth, Bartlett made six appearances for England national football C team.
Born in Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, Bartlett started his career at Newcastle United at the age of nine, where he progressed to reserve team level but never played a competitive first team match. He travelled with the first team squad for a UEFA Champions League match against Internazionale where he was an unused substitute, and was also an Academy goalkeeping coach for the Magpies.
He made his senior footballing debut at Blyth Spartans, initially as cover for the injured Craig Turns, but soon became the club's first choice goalkeeper.
In July 2008 Bartlett's contract with Blyth expired and he was signed by Kidderminster Harriers where he was an ever-present in the Conference National during the 2008–09 season. Bartlett also appeared on the losing side in the 2009 Conference National play-off Final after he signed for Cambridge United on an emergency loan. He was named as the Conference Goalkeeper of the Year for 2008–09.
On 22 June 2009 Bartlett signed for Hereford United. He helped Hereford upset League One Charlton in a first round League Cup tie on 11 August 2009 in which he saved a penalty from Charlton's Andy Gray in normal time. In March 2010 he extended his Hereford contract for a further year. In May 2011 he signed a new two-year contract with the club.
On 8 June 2012, Bartlett signed for Gateshead. He made his debut on 11 August 2012 in a 2–2 draw with Luton Town. Bartlett made over 100 appearances for Gateshead, including the Conference play-off final at Wembley Stadium against Cambridge United in 2014. At the end of the 2014-15 season, Bartlett was released by Gateshead.
Bartlett joined League Two side Hartlepool in July 2015. He made his Pools debut in August 2015, keeping a clean-sheet in a 2-0 victory over Morecambe. Bartlett made 12 league appearances in his debut season for Pools, keeping four clean sheets. At the end of the season, Bartlett signed a new deal with the club. Bartlett was often back-up to Trevor Carson at Hartlepool but regained the number one spot, in the 2016-17 season, when an injury ruled out Carson for the rest of the season. However, he later his place to Middlesbrough loanee Joe Fryer.
In March 2017, Bartlett has his Hartlepool contract cancelled early to take up a full-time role as Middlesbrough's academy goalkeeper coach and move into part-time football, playing for non-league side Darlington.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2010). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2010–11. Mainstream Publishing. p. 35. ISBN 978-1-84596-601-0.
- Williams, Mike; Williams, Tony, eds. (2013). Non-League Club Directory 2014. Tony Williams Publications. p. 1006. ISBN 978-1-869833-72-5.
- Given Injured In Training Session Newcastle United F.C., 10 March 2003, retrieved 30 June 2009.
- Spot On Don Seals Shootout Success Newcastle United F.C., 23 April 2008, retrieved 30 June 2009.
- Blyth Spartans Hall of Fame Blyth Spartans AFC, July 2008.
- Harriers Swoop for Keeper Bartlett Archived 13 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Kidderminster Harriers F.C., 27 May 2008, retrieved 30 June 2009.
- Torquay return to Football league after beating Cambridge United The Daily Telegraph, 17 May 2009, retrieved 30 June 2009.
- Two More Added To Squad Archived 25 June 2009 at the Wayback Machine. Hereford United F.C., 22 June 2009, retrieved 30 June 2009.
- "Hereford United duo sign up for another year". BBC Sport. 29 March 2010. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- "Bartlett, Featherstone and Lunt sign new Hereford deals". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. 6 May 2011. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "Bartlett joins the Heed revolution". Gateshead F.C. 8 June 2012. Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- "Luton Town 2–2 Gateshead". Gateshead F.C. 12 August 2012. Retrieved 12 August 2012.
- . Newcastle Chronicle. 11 June 2015 http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/gateshead-offered-new-deals-12-9437781. Missing or empty
- . BBC Sport. 10 July 2015 http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33486143. Missing or empty
- . Hartlepool United F.C. 15 April 2016 http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/article/adam-bartlett-signs-new-contract-at-hartlepool-united-3060909.aspx. Missing or empty
- . Hartlepool Mail. 5 January 2017 http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/hartlepool-united/injury-blow-for-hartlepool-as-star-man-is-ruled-out-for-season-1-8319791. Missing or empty
- . Northern Echo. 22 March 2017 http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/15173149.Darlington__Goalkeeper_joins_from_Hartlepool_United/. Missing or empty
- . Hartlepool United F.C. 22 March 2017 [21 march http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/hartlepool-united-goalkeeper-adam-bartlett-contract-cancelled-3636873.aspx 21 march http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/hartlepool-united-goalkeeper-adam-bartlett-contract-cancelled-3636873.aspx] Check
|url=value (help). Missing or empty
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adam Bartlett.|