Adrienne King in 2009
July 21, 1955 |
Oyster Bay, New York, U.S.
Adrienne King (born July 21, 1955) is an American film actress, winemaker, and painter. She is best known for her role as Alice in the horror film series Friday the 13th. She got her start in the television film Inside the Wind (1965) and has starred in films such as The Butterfly Room (2012), Tales of Poe (2014), and All American Bully (2015).
Life and career
King was born in New York. She appeared in her first commercial when she was six months old. When she was about ten years old, she appeared in Inherit the Wind as Melinda. She studied voice and dance at the London Royal Academy. King is a member of the Joseph Jefferson Theatre Company, and her professional credits include summer stock and Off-Broadway productions. She appeared in Between the Lines (1977), Saturday Night Fever (1977), and Hair (1979) in uncredited roles.
Her biggest role was Alice in the horror films Friday the 13th (1980) and Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981). In 1982, King starred in a Downy commercial. After the success of Friday the 13th, she was pursued by a stalker. The stalker drew on some of her paintings, and tried to break the door down in her apartment. Shaken by the experience, she decided to take a break from acting and focus on painting. In 1993, King provided voice work for the film What's Eating Gilbert Grape?.
In 2008, she was approached to appear in the reboot of Friday the 13th. Days later, the production contacted her again, stating that they had reconsidered and now wanted no one from the original to appear in the reboot. Shortly thereafter, she signed on to the science fiction/horror film Psychic Experiment, marking her first onscreen film appearance in 27 years. In 2012, she starred in the Welsh Christmas horror film Silent Night, Bloody Night: The Homecoming, an unofficial sequel to the 1974 American horror film Silent Night, Bloody Night and The Butterfly Room. King is set to portray Jackie Winters, an investigative reporter, in the upcoming horror film William Froste.
|1965||Inherit the Wind||Melinda||TV Film|
|1977||Between the Lines||Young Lady||Feature film (Uncredited)|
|1977||Saturday Night Fever||Dancer||Feature film (Uncredited)|
|1979||Hair||Dancer||Feature film (Uncredited)|
|1980||Friday the 13th||Alice||Feature film|
|1981||Friday the 13th Part 2||Alice||Feature film|
|1993||What's Eating Gilbert Grape||Group (voice)||Feature film|
|2010||Psychic Experiment||Louise Strack||Feature film|
|2011||Back to the Lake||Alice||Short Film|
|2011||Back to the Lake 2||Alice||Short Film|
|2011||All American Bully||Principal Kane||Feature film|
|2012||The Butterfly Room||Rachel||Feature film|
|2012||Gabby's Wish||Angela||Feature film|
|2013||Silent Night, Bloody Night: Homecoming||The Stranger (voice)||Feature film|
|2014||Tales of Poe||Queen of Dreams/Private Nurse||Feature film|
|2017||William Froste||Jackie Winters||Feature film|
- "IMDB Birthday". IMDB.
- "See the Cast of the 'Friday the 13th' Series Then and Now". Screen Crush. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- Dread Central's Final Girls: Adrienne King
- "1982 Downy Commercial with Adrienne King". campblood.net. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- "Bio/Credits". Official Friday the 13th Network. Retrieved 2007-05-07.
- "Adrienne King BIO/CREDITS". adrienneking.com. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- Adrienne King. "Adrienne's comments on Friday the 13th (2009)". Blog posted at the Official Adrienne King MySpace. Retrieved 2008-04-30.
- "Title Change: Walking Distance Leads to Experimental Activity". DreadCentral.
- "Gory New Stills from Silent Night, Bloody Night: The Homecoming - Dread Central". 14 May 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "Video: Teaser Trailer for The Butterfly Room is Here". Coming Soon. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- "Adrienne King Joins Stacked Cast of William Froste". Dread Central. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- "Adrienne King takes you back to the lake with Crystal Lake Wines.". horrorsociety.com. Retrieved January 26, 2017.