|Traded as||NYSE: HIVE|
|Headquarters||Milpitas, California, U.S.|
|David Flynn (CEO)|
|Products||Wi-Fi access points, switches, branch routers, applications and cloud enabled network management|
|Revenue||US$ 151.7 million (2015)|
Number of employees
Aerohive Networks is an American multinational computer networking equipment company headquartered in Milpitas, California, with 17 additional offices worldwide. The company was founded in 2006, and provides wireless networking to medium-sized and larger businesses.
In 2012, Aerohive was listed on The Wall Street Journal's list of "Top 50 Start-Ups." The company raised around $105 million in venture capital funding before undergoing an IPO in March 2014.
Aerohive was founded in 2006 by Changming Liu. That same year, the company raised $4 million in series A round funding. In July 2007, the company raised an additional $20 million in series B round funding led by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. Aerohive completed a series C round of funding, raising $23.5 million to expand its sales and marketing strategy in March 2010. In 2011, the company acquired Pareto Networks, a cloud-based routing service, the acquisition allowed Aerohive to integrate Paret's cloud management technology into its existing offerings. In September 2012, Aerohive raised $22.5 million in a series E round of funding and announced its plans to undergo an IPO the following year. The company raised an additional $10 million in funding as it prepared to go public, in 2013. On March 28, 2014, the company was listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the HIVE symbol. Aerohive joined Barack Obama's ConnectED initiative in October 2014, when it partnered with Apple Inc. and provided wireless connectivity to the schools receiving Apple products.
Aerohive announced that its devices would operate more seamlessly with Barracuda Networks security products in May 2015. In September 2015, the company announced a technology alliance with Juniper Networks. In January 2016, the company released HiveSchool, a learning application for K-12 classrooms that runs on any network with any computer running the Google Chrome web browser. The company announced that it had entered a distribution agreement with Synnex Corporation in February 2016. The agreement named Synnex as the exclusive distributor of Aerohive products in Canada. In April 2016, Aerohive announced a strategic partnership with the technology company Dell.
Aerohive develops a controller-less LAN architecture called Cooperative Control, which provides all the performance, availability, management, mobility, and security needed in a large campus deployment. This architecture also enables secure, scalable, high-performance, and mission-critical wireless networking in a manageable and cost-effective way to industries such as education, distributed enterprises, retail, healthcare, state and local government and manufacturing. The company also develops an operating system, HiveOS, for access points and switches, a cloud enabled management system, HiveManager, Wi-Fi planning tools, applications, and network administration tools for its devices.
The company makes available open REST APIs to its cloud platform, Aerohive Cloud Services, for developers to build Wi-Fi management and analytics solutions. In September 2016, Aerohive announced an update to its cloud management system, HiveManager NG, which enabled LAN networks to become software-defined.
- "Aerohive Networks Inc.".
- "Aerohive Networks, Inc. Profile".
- Ludwig, Sean (September 11, 2012). "Cloud-based networking startup Aerohive Networks readies for IPO with $22.5M funding grab". VentureBeat. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- Rao, Leena (March 28, 2011). "Cloud-Based Networking Company Aerohive Networks Raises $25 Million". TechCrunch. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "Looking for the 'Next Big Thing'? Ranking the Top 50 Start-Ups".
- "Deals of the Day: Jos. A. Bank Buying Eddie Bauer".
- "Aerohive networks Files for $75 Million IPO".
- "Aerohive Adds $20 Million". The PE Hub Network. 30 July 2007.
- "Aerohive Networks Secures $23,500,000 Series C Financing Round". XConomy. 23 March 2010.
- Berndtson, Chad (5 August 2010). "Aerohive Gains Partners, And Finally, A Buzz in WLAN Channel". CRN.
- Berndston, Chad (November 20, 2012). "Cisco Competitors Say Meraki Move Makes Them More Attractive". CRN Magazine. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "The Daily Start-Up: Aerohive Buzzes With $22.5M Led by IVP Amid Sweet Mobile Connectivity Demand". Wall Street Journal. September 12, 2012. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- Wexler, Joanie (18 January 2001). "Aerohive Buys Cloud Startup Pareto Networks". Network World.
- Shawber, Gloria Wang (12 October 2012). "Fast Private: Aerohive is all the buzz with Wi-Fi solutions". San Jose Business Journal.
- Novet, Jordan (28 March 2014). "Hardware Company Aerohive Has a Bouncy IPO Today With Ups & Downs". VentureBeat.
- Bent, Kristen (28 October 2014). "Aerohive Networks Team With Apple To Drive Obama's ConnectED Program". CRN.
- Schaffhauser, Dian (26 May 2015). "Barracuda and Aerohive Bolster Wireless Security Product Ties". The Journal.
- Haranas, Mark (17 September 2015). "Juniper Forms Alliance With Aerohive; Says Aruba Partnership Still Intact". CRN.
- Meyer, Leila (20 January 2016). "Aerohive Debuts HiveSchool". The Journal.
- "Aerohive Makes Synnex Exclusive Distributor of WiFi Portfolio to U.S., Canada". Cabling Installation and Maintenance. 18 February 2016.
- Haranas, Mark (28 April 2016). "Dell, Aerohive Partnership 'Smells' Like an Acquisition Ahead, Partners Say".
- Kerravala, Zeus (13 September 2016). "Aerohive Introduces the Software-Defined LAN". Network World.
- Graychase, Naomi (Apr 21, 2008). "Aerohive Announces New 802.11n Portfolio". Wi Fi Planet. Retrieved Oct 31, 2012.
- Berndtson, Chad (Aug 5, 2012). "Aerohive Gains Partners, And Finally, A Buzz In WLAN Channel". CRN. Retrieved Oct 31, 2012.
- Vizard, Mike (April 17, 2015). "Aerohive Networks Builds Data Lake in the Cloud". MSP Mentor. Retrieved January 24, 2017.
- Vizard, Mike (September 12, 2016). "Aerohive Network States Claim to SD-LANs". IT Business Edge. Retrieved January 24, 2017.