Adu was originally from the Ashanti Region of Ghana, but lived in a suburb in Accra Newtown called Asantewaa. He worked as a shoemaker. Adu was discovered on a Ghanaian comedy show on GTV (Ghana National Television) at the National Theater in Accra, where he worked as a comedian warming up the crowd.
In July 2008, he was awarded a National Award by then-Ghanaian President John Agyekum Kufuor. Although he originally journeyed to Accra to sing, Agya Koo has been featured in over 90 Ghanaian movies, 15 of which remain his favorite.
In June 2016, Adu got remarried to Rita Asiedu in London, UK after dating for 4 years. He was previously married to Victoria Owusu Adomako but divorced.
Avoiding the normal procedure of thoroughly reading a script before acting in films, he told Joy FM's former morning show host Kojo Oppong Nkrumah that while actors and actresses are typically given scripts two weeks before they begin shooting, his God-given talent allows him to improvise without a script.
- Keysoap Concert Party
- Agyakoo Gbegbentus
- Three Desperate Friends
- House of Commotion
- Evil Plot To Break My Home
- Kumasi Yonko
- Obi nnim Awie ye
- Ka wonan toso
- Asew 419A
- Business Partner
- Gyna Pinyin
- Bone So Akatua
- Black Star
- Ma Trick Wo
- Akyakoo Trotro Driver
- Joni Waka
- Away Bus
- Nsem Pii
- Kwaku Oteng, Biography- Kofi Adu alias Kote Kesie,Bamboo kote Agya Koo, ghanamma.com, 4 January 2009
- Koo lauds President's decision to award him, 2 July 2008
- Akan film producers share joy with Egya Koo, Ghana Broadcasting Corporation, 3 July 2008
- "VIDEO: Kofi Adu a.k.a. Agya Koo Remarries in London". GhanaStar. 14 June 2016. Retrieved 14 June 2016.
|This Ghanaian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|