|Directed by||Ananth Narayan Mahadevan|
|Produced by||Bhaumik Gondaliya|
|Written by||Ananth Narayan Mahadevan|
|Screenplay by||Sanjeev Puri|
|Based on||Aksar (2006)|
|Edited by||Jeetendra Shah|
Siddhi Vinayak Creation
|Distributed by||Tips Industries|
|Box office||₹7.18 crore|
Aksar 2 stylized as aKsaR 2 is an Indian thriller film, directed by Ananth Narayan Mahadevan. The film is sequel to the 2006 film Aksar. The film stars Gautam Rode, Abhinav Shukla, Zareen Khan and Mohit Madaan in lead roles. The motion poster of the movie was released on 4 August 2017 on YouTube while the trailer was released on 28 August 2017. The film was released on 17 November 2017.
An old lady, Dolly Khambata (Lillette Dubey), needs a governess as her earlier governess has died in a road accident. Her financial advisor, Patrick Sharma (Gautam Rode), hires Sheena Roy (Zarine Khan) even though she is way younger than 50 years which is the age requirement for this job. Patrick is very close to Dolly Khambata but, he soon tells Sheena that he is not very fond of her. Patrick has a glad eye for Sheena whom he forces to sleep with him. Sheena already has a boyfriend, Ricky (Abhinav Shukla). It is soon revealed that Ricky is actually the estranged nephew of Dolly Khambata. The aunt and nephew have had a fallout over the matter of property and wealth. Ricky had vowed to drag Dolly to court so that he can get his share of the property which Dolly has in her possession. There is also Dolly Khambata’s trusted lawyer, Gaurav (Sreesanth).
Sheena reveals to Patrick that Dolly has made him the beneficiary of her bungalow in London, in her will. Unable to believe that Dolly could do so, he somehow opens her locker and gets hold of the will. He is pleasantly surprised to see his name in the will.
The house manager, Bachchan (Mohit Madan), now confronts Patrick and asks him for a favour. It turns out that Sheena and Bachchan are hand-in-glove to usurp the property of Dolly. Bachchan, who is expert at copying people’s signatures, promises to keep the London property bequeathed to Patrick while changing the will to bequeath the rest in his and Ricky’s name.
The suspense unfolds as Ricky and Bachchan are killed in the different accident, and only Patrick, Sheena and Mrs. Khambata are left. Who is the mastermind, and what will the end be?
- Zareen Khan as Sheena Roy
- Gautam Rode as Patrick Sharma
- Abhinav Shukla as Ricky Khambata
- Mohit Madaan as Bachchan Singh
- Lillete Dubey as Dolly Khambatta
- S. Sreesanth as Gaurav, a lawyer
- Denzil Smith
- Rushad Rana
- Mohan Azad
- Danish Mir
The principal photography of the film started in July 2016.
|Soundtrack album by Mithoon|
|Released||7 November 2017|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Singles from Aksar 2|
|1.||"Aaj Zid"||Arijit Singh||4:12|
|2.||"Jaana Ve"||Arijit Singh||5:33|
Lasyapriya Sundaram of The Times of India gave the film a rating of 2.5 out of 5 saying that, "Aksar 2 is a movie that begins well, but quickly crumbles to a point of no return." Kunal Guha of Mumbai Mirror gave the film a rating of 1.5 out of 5 saying that, "the twists and turns here seem more unnecessary than unexpected and the predictably painful expressions inevitably culminate in a headache." Prasanna D Zore of Rediff gave the film a rating of 2.5 out of 5 saying that, "Aksar 2 is a film that gets you primed in the first half but is a sad squib in the second." Shantanu David of News18 gave the film a rating of 2.5 out of 5 saying that, "with a different female lead and without the disconcerting songs, this would have been a pretty decent film." Bollywood Hungama gave the film a rating of 1 out of 5 saying that, "AKSAR 2 is a poor show all the way. It neither has enough sex nor thrill."
- "Box Office Collection". Bollywood Hungama.
- "Chose Aksar 2 as it's not an erotic film: Gautam Rode". 28 August 2016. Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- "Zareen Khan roped in for 'Aksar 2'". The Times of India. 14 March 2016. Retrieved 5 June 2016.
- "Shooting of Zareen Khan starrer Aksar 2 to start from June end". Bollywood Hungama. 31 May 2016. Retrieved 5 June 2016.
- "Social media trolls don't affect Zareen Khan". The Indian Express. 30 May 2016. Retrieved 5 June 2016.
- "'Aksar 2' trailer: Gautam Rode, Abhinav Shukla and Zareen Khan's love triangle is intriguing".
- "Sreesanth does his own bike stunts for multilingual - Times of India". Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- "S Sreesanth to star in 'Aksar 2' - Times of India". Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- "Zareen Khan begins 'Aksar 2' shoot". 7 July 2016. Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- "Aksar 2 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes.
- "Zareen Khan's 'Aksar 2': Arijit Singh, Mithoon weave magic in 'Jaana Ve' song - Watch". Zee News. Retrieved 15 September 2017.
- "Aksar 2 Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "Aksar 2 movie review: Gautam Rode, Zareen Khan and S Sreesanth's suspense thriller disappoints". Mumbai Mirror.
- "Review: Aksar 2 could have been a good film but..." Rediff.
- "Aksar 2 Review: A Not Uninteresting Film Disfigured by a Spectacularly Failed Attempt at Eroticism". News18.
- "Aksar 2 Movie Review". Bollywood Hungama.