|Headquarters||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Omar Al Futtaim (CEO), Abdulla Al Futtaim (owner)|
Number of employees
|over 42,000 (2017)|
The group was founded in the 1930s and expanded rapidly in the 1940s and 1950s becoming an integrated commercial, industrial, and services organization.
The Al-Futtaim family split its business interests in 2000 with Abdulla Al Futtaim controlling the automotive and mainly retail business, and his cousin Majid controlling a property development business (now known as Majid Al Futtaim Group).
Al-Futtaim Group employs over 44,000 people and operates eight divisions comprising automotive, electronics, insurance, services, real estate, retail, industries, and overseas. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum mediated a settlement between Abdulla Al Futtaim and his rival, cousin Majid Al Futtaim, in 2000 which split the assets, liabilities and operations of the then-larger Al Futtaim Group.
Al Futtaim Motors
In 1955, Al-Futtaim Motors was established and is the exclusive distributor of Toyota, Lexus, Hino trucks and Toyota Material Handling equipment in the UAE.
Robinsons & Co.
In Dubai in 1991 by Al-Futtaim group, ACE now trades in six locations in the UAE including Dubai, Abu Dhabi, RAK & Al Ain. Each of the 6 stores are also certified as ‘ACE Helpful’ in keeping with global ACE standards.
- Al Futtaim Group: Home
- "Al Futtaim Group: Profile". Archived from the original on 2010-02-04. Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- Arabian Business Rich List
- Dubai's Al Futtaim offers $86 million for Kenyan car retailer, International: Reuters, 2013
- "afuturewithus.com". www.afuturewithus.com. Retrieved 2018-05-30.
- 2010 List - Abdulla Al Futtaim Forbes
- "#287 Abdulla Al Futtaim". Forbes. 8 March 2007. Archived from the original on 10 March 2007. Retrieved 23 December 2018.
- Al Futtaim Group announces Robert Willett as new CEO Gulf News, 14 June 2010
- Al-Futtaim Group Company Profiel arabianbusiness.com, 24 November 2012
- "Omar Abdulla Al Futtaim: Executive Profile & Biography - Bloomberg". investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2018-05-30.
- Staff (2013-09-22). "Al-Futtaim expands watches portfolio". Emirates 24|7. Retrieved 2018-05-30.
- Al-Futtaim Watches scouts for distributors in EU.
- "ABOUT AL-FUTTAIM MOTORS". AL-FUTTAIM MOTORS. Al-Futtaim Motors Company LLC. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- Nolan, Lynne. "Al-Futtaim acquires Robinson and Company". ArabianBusiness.com. Arabian Business Publishing Ltd. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- Wong, Ai Ai. "Al-Futtaim Group Takeover of Robinsons". Baker & McKenzie. Baker & McKenzie. Archived from the original on 2015-07-10. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- Deulgaonkar, Parag (19 March 2017). "UAE's Al-Futtaim plans new Ikea stores in Middle East". ArabianBusiness.com. Archived from the original on 23 December 2018. Retrieved 23 December 2018.
- "Inter IKEA Systems B.V. - IKEA franchisees". franchisor.ikea.com. 29 November 2018. Archived from the original on 23 December 2018. Retrieved 23 December 2018.
- "Al-Futtaim ACE launches its exclusive Ramadan collection". Zawya. Retrieved 17 June 2019.