Alan Ball Sr.
|Full name||James Alan Ball|
|Date of birth||26 September 1924|
|Place of birth||Farnworth, Lancashire, England|
|Date of death||2 January 1982(aged 57)|
|Place of death||Nicosia, Cyprus|
|Playing position||Inside forward|
|1970–1973||Preston North End|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
James Alan Ball (26 September 1924 – 2 January 1982) was an English football player and manager.
Born in Farnworth, Lancashire, Ball played as an inside forward for Bolton Boys Federation, Southport (in two spells), Birmingham City (although he did not play a Football League match for them), Oldham Athletic and Rochdale.
He managed Halifax Town in two separate spells (1967–1970) and (1976–1977), and in between these he managed Preston North End between 1970 and 1973, and Southport, IF Saab and IK Sirius. Ball managed Djurgårdens IF in 1979.
- "Alan Ball". Post War English & Scottish Football League A–Z Player's Transfer Database. Neil Brown. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Alan Ball". Barry Hugman's Footballers. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Alan Ball (Snr)". League Managers Association. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Alan Ball". Port Online. Daniel Hayes. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Historia: Tränare A-laget" [History: First-team managers] (in Swedish). Djugården Fotboll. Archived from the original on 1 February 2012. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a forward born in the 1920s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|