|Full name||James Graham Bentley|
|Date of birth||11 June 1976|
|Place of birth||Liverpool, England|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
In June 2010, Bentley was appointed player-coach, having spent the previous season in a coaching role with the reserve team.
On 13 May 2011, Bentley was appointed the player-manager of Morecambe on a two-year contract, but since then he has concentrated on the managerial role and has not played a competitive match since taking on that post. He signed a two-year contract extension with the Shrimps on 10 October 2013. A further two-year contract extension was agreed with Morecambe on 29 August 2015. Ken McKenna also agreed the same deal with the football league 2 club.
During Morecambe's 1-2 defeat to Cheltenham on 17 December 2016, Bentley was sent off from the dugout, after reacting to Alex Kenyon's dismissal. He received a £750 fine with £250 costs and a two match touchline ban from the FA after a personal hearing. At the following home game, a 4-1 victory over Notts County, Morecambe fans held a 'bucket collection' and raised the £1,000.
- As of match played 25 March 2017
|Morecambe||13 May 2011||Present||303||96||77||130||31.7|||
- "List of Players under Written Contract Registered Between 01/07/2011 and 31/07/2011" (PDF). The Football Association. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "New Shrimps Deal For Jim Bentley". League Clubs. 10 October 2013. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- Association, The Football. "Bentley charged". www.thefa.com. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
- "Managers: Jim Bentley". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 12 March 2017.