Alberto Costa (British politician)
|Member of Parliament|
for South Leicestershire
|Assumed office |
8 May 2015
|Preceded by||Andrew Robathan|
Alberto Castrenze Costa
13 November 1971
|Alma mater||University of Glasgow|
He currently leads the House of Commons delegation of MPs affiliated to the Conservative Friends of Greece parliamentary group.
On 27 February 2019, he was asked to resign, and did so, from his role as parliamentary private secretary in the Scotland Office following his tabling of an amendment to protect rights of EU citizens. Shortly before his resignation the Cabinet minister Sajid Javid backed the amendment in a committee meeting and said the government would support it. It was later passed unopposed, approved 'on the nod' by the Commons.
- "No. 61230". The London Gazette. 18 May 2015. p. 9123.
- Simmons, Richard (10 April 2015). "Meet the lawyers standing for Parliament". The Lawyer. Archived from the original on 26 June 2015. Retrieved 9 June 2015.(subscription required)
- "Tories choose Alberto Costa to stand for South Leicestershire in 2015 General Election, after Andrew Robathan decided not to defend his seat". Leicester Mercury. 6 December 2014. Archived from the original on 18 May 2015. Retrieved 17 May 2015.
- "Election 2017 - Leicestershire South Parliamentary constituency". BBC News. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Goodenough, Tom (16 February 2016). "Which Tory MPs back Brexit, who doesn't and who is still on the fence?". The Spectator. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Who we are". cfgreece.org. Retrieved 27 February 2019.
- O'Carroll, Lisa (27 February 2019). "Confusion reigns over Brexit amendment as Tory MP sacked". The Guardian.
- Sparrow, Andrew (27 February 2019). "Hardline Tory Brexiters split as MPs overwhelmingly back move to allow vote to extend article 50 – Politics live". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 3 March 2019.
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Contributions in Parliament at Hansard 2010–present
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of Parliament
for South Leicestershire
|This article about a Conservative Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom elected at the 2015 general election or a subsequent by-election is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom elected at the 2017 general election or a subsequent by-election is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Conservative Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom representing an English constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|