Alex Evans (footballer)
|Full name||Alex Evans|
|Date of birth||17 September 1992 (age 24)|
|Place of birth||Treharris, Wales|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:59, 22 August 2012 (UTC).
Evans began his career with his local side Treharris Western, joining Cardiff academy at an early age of 9. Alongside Nathaniel Jarvis he signed schoolboy forms at the start of the 2008–09 season. On 23 May 2011, Evans was offered his first professional contract by Cardiff City alongside Ibrahim Farah and Nathaniel Jarvis. He made his debut in a 3-1 win over Oxford United, where he started next to Gabor Gyepes. At the end of the season, Evans was released by the club.
Following his release, Evans joined Oxford United on trial during their pre-season tour to the United States. He also played against former club Cardiff City in a 2–1 loss to the Bluebirds. He signed non-contract terms with the club on 13 August 2012.
As of 12 August 2011
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 447. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- "CONFIRMATION: 2011 RETAINED LIST". cardiffcityfc.co.uk. Cardiff City Football Club. 23 May 2011. Archived from the original on April 6, 2012. Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- "Oxford Utd 1 - 3 Cardiff". BBC Sport. 10 August 2011. Retrieved 10 August 2011.
- "Cardiff show seven the door". Sky Sports. BSkyB. 21 May 2012. Retrieved 21 May 2012.
- "Tony Capaldi out to put injury nightmare behind him". South Wales Echo. 3 August 2012. Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- "Whitts and Kiss score in City win". Cardiff City F.C. Official Site. 5 August 2012. Archived from the original on August 6, 2012. Retrieved 11 September 2013.