Jarvis playing for Cardiff City
|Full name||Nathaniel Stephen Jarvis|
|Date of birth||20 October 1991|
|Place of birth||Cardiff, Wales|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2010||→ Southend United (loan)||6||(0)|
|2011–2012||→ Newport County (loan)||31||(6)|
|2012–2013||→ Forest Green Rovers (loan)||2||(0)|
|2013||→ Kidderminster Harriers (loan)||1||(0)|
|2014||→ Cirencester Town (loan)|
|2014–||Antigua and Barbuda||8||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21:55, 19 March 2014 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 20:43, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
Nathaniel Stephen Jarvis (born 20 October 1991) is a Welsh-born Antigua and Barbudan footballer who plays as a striker for English club Hungerford Town. He was previously with Cardiff City as a youngster.
As a teenager, Jarvis grew up in Culverhouse Cross area of Cardiff. Jarvis attended Ysgol Gymraeg Plasmawr in Cardiff, /but wasn't allowed to play for their football team due to being committed to Cardiff.
Born in Cardiff, Jarvis began his career with his home town side Cardiff City, joining their academy at an early age of 8. Alongside Ibrahim Farah he signed schoolboy forms at the start of the 2008–09 season. Having finished as top scorer for the under-18 side during the 2009–10 season, he was named as a first team substitute in several matches at the start of the following year.
On 24 September 2010, Jarvis joined Football League Two side Southend United on a one-month loan deal after impressing in a reserve match, making his professional debut as a substitute in place of Blair Sturrock during a 3–1 win over Hereford United. He went on to make a total of seven appearances in all competitions before returning to Cardiff.
Back to Cardiff
On 23 May 2011, Jarvis was offered his first professional contract by Cardiff City alongside Alex Evans and Ibrahim Farah. Jarvis scored his first professional goal in his competitive debut against Oxford United on 10 August 2011 in the League Cup by a 20-yard lobbed header.
On 9 September, Jarvis joined Conference National neighbours Newport County initially on a month-long loan. He made his debut the following day against Mansfield Town which County lost 5–0. Jarvis scored his first goal for Newport, against Barrow on 24 September. In January 2012 Jarvis rejoined Newport County on loan until the end of the 2011–12 season. On 12 May 2012 he played for Newport in the FA Trophy Final at Wembley Stadium which Newport lost 2–0 to York City.
On 31 January 2013, 21-year-old Jarvis joined Kidderminster Harriers from Championship Leaders Cardiff City until the end of the season., the Harriers failed to gain promotion despite being top for most of Jarvis' loan spell. Following his return to Cardiff, the club told him he would not be offered a new contract.
He signed for Brackley Town following his departure from Cardiff.
Jarvis was asked to link up with the Antigua and Barbuda senior team on 1 September 2011 to play Curaçao and US Virgin Islands, who he qualifies for because of his grandfather. He was one of eight overseas based players who committed to represent the country in the summer of 2014. making his debut for the Antigua and Barbuda during 2014 Caribbean Cup qualification. He scored his first international goal on 5 September 2014 against the Dominican Republic.
Score and result list Antigua and Barbuda's goal tally first.
|1.||5 September 2014||Antigua Recreation Ground, St. John's, Antigua and Barbuda||Dominican Republic||2–0||2–1||2014 Caribbean Cup qualification|||
|1.||7 September 2014||Antigua Recreation Ground, St. John's, Antigua and Barbuda||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||2–1||2–1||2014 Caribbean Cup qualification|||
- "List of Players under Written Contract Registered Between 01/01/2013 and 31/01/2013" (PDF). The Football Association. p. 14. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- "The annual report of the governing body 2007–08" (PDF). Ysgol Gymraeg Plasmawr. Retrieved 2010-09-25.
- "Finns are looking good for City star". South Wales Echo. 11 August 2009. Retrieved 2010-09-25.
- "Cardiff City's Nathaniel Jarvis in Southend United loan". BBC Sport. 24 September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-25.
- "Hereford 1–3 Southend". BBC Sport. 25 September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-25.
- "CONFIRMATION: 2011 RETAINED LIST". cardiffcityfc.co.uk. Cardiff City Football Club. 23 May 2011. Archived from the original on 6 April 2012. Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- "Oxford Utd 1 – 3 Cardiff". BBC Sport. 10 August 2011. Retrieved 10 August 2011.
- "Cardiff City striker Nat Jarvis to sign for Newport County on loan". South Wales Echo. 9 September 2011. Retrieved 9 September 2011.
- "Mansfield Town 5–0 Newport County". BBC Sport. 10 September 2011. Retrieved 10 September 2011.
- "Newport County 2 – 2 Barrow". BBC Sport. 24 September 2011. Retrieved 24 September 2011.
- "FA Trophy: Newport County 0–2 York City". BBC Sport. 12 May 2012. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- "Forest Green sign Cardiff's Nathaniel Jarvis as injury cover". BBC Sport. 20 November 2012. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Forest Green 1–1 Macclesfield". BBC Sport. 8 December 2012.
- "Cardiff City: McPhail departs, McNaughton offered new deal". BBC Sport. 16 May 2013.
- "Jarvis makes a City move". Non League Daily. 22 December 2013.
- "Record City Call-ups set for action". Cardiff City. 1 September 2011. Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- "Antigua strengthens Caribbean Cup roster". Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Mens Caribbean Cup Results Sept 6". Caribbean Football Union. Retrieved 6 September 2014.