Alex Hall (American football)
Hall (#51) chases after a player during a game.
|Date of birth:||August 17, 1985|
|Place of birth:||Glenarden, Maryland|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||250 lb (113 kg)|
|College:||St. Augustine's College|
|NFL Draft:||2008 / Round: 7 / Pick: 231|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Alex Hall (born August 17, 1985) is a professional Canadian football defensive end who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the seventh round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He played college football at St. Augustine's College.
Hall was a member of the Philadelphia Eagles, Arizona Cardinals, New York Giants and Carolina Panthers in the National Football League and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Saskatchewan Roughriders of the CFL.
On April 2, 2010, Hall and 2010 fourth- and fifth-round draft picks were traded to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for linebacker Chris Gocong and Sheldon Brown. He was waived on July 28, 2010.
New York Giants
Hall signed with the Arizona Cardinals on September 21, 2010. He was waived on October 30.
Second Stint with Giants
Hall was claimed off waivers from the Arizona Cardinals on November 1, 2010 and placed on the active roster, replacing Giants cornerback Bruce Johnson, who was placed on injured reserve. On November 27, Hall was waived to make room for Michael Coe, who was signed to the active roster. While he worked out for the Pittsburgh Steelers on December 14, 2010, he was re-signed on December 15 after linebacker Clint Sintim was placed on injured reserve.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Hall signed with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League on April 24, 2012. He ended the season as an East Division All-Star and was named Winnipeg’s Most Outstanding Defensive Player.
On October 6, 2013, Hall was traded (along with a 2nd round pick in the 2014 CFL Draft) to the Saskatchewan Roughriders in exchange for non-import lineman Patrick Neufeld and a 5th round selection in 2015 CFL Draft. At the time of the trade, Hall led the league in sacks with 15, by the end of the season he would be 2nd in the league with 16 sacks. Since Hall's CFL contract expired at the end of the 2013 CFL season it was expected that would try out for an NFL team for the following season. Hall also won the Grey Cup that year.
Saskatchewan Roughriders (II)
Hall re-signed with the Roughriders on February 11, 2015.
- "Browns sign 5 draft picks to 4-year contracts". FOXNews.com. July 22, 2008. Retrieved 2010-04-02.
- Schefter, Adam (April 2, 2010). "Eagles CB Brown traded to Cleveland". ESPN.com. Archived from the original on 6 April 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-02.
- Wulf, Bo (July 28, 2010). "S Allen Signed; LB Hall Released To Make Room". philadelphiaeagles.com. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- Garafolo, Mike (July 29, 2010). "Giants claim defensive end Alex Hall off waivers from the Eagles". nj.com. Archived from the original on 31 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=433570 Traded to Saskatchewan
- Hanzus, Dan (April 11, 2014). "Alex Hall, ex-CFL standout, signs deal with Panthers". NFL.com. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- Panthers make first wave of cuts
- Former all-star DE Alex Hall returns to Riderville