Alfatar Municipality within Bulgaria and Silistra Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Alfatar|
|• Total||248.57 km2 (95.97 sq mi)|
|Population (December 2009)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Alfatar Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Алфатар) is a small municipality (obshtina) in Silistra Province, Northeastern Bulgaria, located in the Danubian Plain, in the area of the South Dobrudzha geographical region, about 15 km south of Danube river. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Alfatar.
Alfatar Municipality includes the following 7 places (towns are shown in bold):
|Tsar Asen||Цар Асен||191|
|Vasil Levski||Васил Левски||110|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
- (Bulgarian)Characterization of Silistra Province
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009 Archived November 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009 Archived November 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- National Statistical Institute - Census 2001[permanent dead link]
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- Official website (Bulgarian)