|Full name||Algimantas Butnorius|
|Country|| Soviet Union
20 November 1946 |
|Title||World Senior Champion (2007), Grandmaster (2007)|
|Peak rating||2456 (July 1999)|
He won the Lithuanian Chess Championship on ten occasions: in 1967, 1968 (shared with Vladas Mikėnas), 1970, 1972 (shared with Gintautas Piešina), 1973 (shared with Jegor Čiukajevas), 1975, 1976, 1980, 1982 and 1993. In team chess, he represented Lithuania at the Chess Olympiads of 2000, 2004, 2006 and in the European Team Chess Championships of 1999 and 2003. He won the World Senior Chess Championship in 2007. In 2010, he tied for 2nd–4th with Vitaly Tseshkovsky and Nikolai Pushkov in the European Seniors’ Rapid Championship.
Butnorius was awarded the International Master title in 1983 and the Grandmaster title in 2007, as a result of his World Senior success.
- Viktor Kupreichik vs Algimantas Butnorius, Vitebsk 1970, Italian Game: Two Knights Defense, Traxler Counterattack (C57), 1/2-1/2
- Lajos Portisch vs Algimantas Butnorius, Leningrad 1969, Indian Game: West Indian Defense (E61), 0-1
- Algimantas Butnorius vs Garry Kasparov, Baku 1978, Neo-Grünfeld Defence: Classical Variation (D78), 1/2-1/2
- Algimantas Butnorius vs Anatoly S Lutikov, URS-chT 1975, Philidor Defense: Exchange Variation (C41), 1-0
- Transfers in 2014
- "Lithuanian Chess Championships" (in Lithuanian). Lithuanian Chess Federation. Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "Men's Chess Olympiads: Algimantas Butnorius". OlimpBase. Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "European Men's Team Chess Championship: Algimantas Butnorius". OlimpBase. Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- "17th World Senior Chess Championship". ChessResults.com. Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- "GM Viktor Kupreichik Wins European Seniors' Individual Rapid Championship". Chessdom. Retrieved 11 April 2010.