This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Publisher||Diena Media News|
|Sister newspapers||Vilniaus diena|
History and profile
In 1998, Kauno diena was bought by Norwegian media giant Orkla Media subsidiary Orkla Press. In December 2006 Orkla sold its media stakes to the investment company Hermis Capital. Its daily circulation in 2005 was about 38,000 copies.
It was formerly known as Tarybų Lietuva (Soviet Lithuania, 1945–1950) and Kauno Tiesa (Kaunas Truth, 1950–1992).
- 1945 – Jonas Šimkus
- 1945–1950 – Donatas Roda
- 1950 – Juozas Chlivickas
- 1951–1953 – Povilas Putrimas
- 1954–1956 – Julius Čygas
- 1956–1958 – V.Norvaiša
- 1958–1960 – Juozas Leonavičius
- 1960–1987 – Zenonas Baltušnikas
- 1987–1998 – Teklė Mačiulienė
- 1999–2007 – Aušra Lėka
- 2007 – Kęstutis Jauniškis
- Vaclav Stetka (2012). "From Multinationals to Business Tycoons: Media Ownership and Journalistic Autonomy in Central and Eastern Europe". The International Journal of Press/Politics. 17 (4). doi:10.1177/1940161212452449. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
|This Lithuanian newspaper-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|