Central Square of Aligudarz
|• Total||89,268 |
|Time zone||UTC+3:30 (IRST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+4:30 (IRDT)|
Aligudarz is located 420 km from Tehran and situated in a region which is a mixture of plain and foothill, thus enjoying a mountainous mild climate. Oshtorankuh Mountain range and Aligudarz River are situated here.
In the mountains and hills around Aligudarz, ancient objects have been discovered including rectangular brick earthenware from the 13th century AD.
Important natural and historical sites of Aligudarz include:
- Ab Sefid (literally "White Water") waterfall
- Aligudarz Forests
- Sayleh castle
- Tamandar and Bexnavid caves
- Masisilan Ancient Hill
- Mandish mountain
- Chakan Waterfall
The city's inhabitants belong to the Bakhtiari ethnic group, and they language is Luri. The overwhelming majority of the population are of the Shia Muslim confession. Throughout the centuries very large numbers of people of Khunsar and Golpayegan have settled in the city. There was once a Jewish community that has either been assimilated into mainstream Islam or emigrated out of the city. The last known Jewish inhabitants fled the city during the Islamic Revolution.
Notables from Aligudarz
- Mehdi Karroubi, politician
- Hamed Lak, football Player
- Arshad Tahmasbi, musician
- Omid, singer
- Parviz Abdollahi, Research & Development Manager resides in USA
- Esmail Parsa, University Professor resides in USA
- Aligudarz can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3052669" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2011-11-11.
|This Aligudarz County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|