All Night Long (Joe Walsh song)
|"All Night Long"|
|Single by Joe Walsh|
|from the album Urban Cowboy Soundtrack|
|B-side||"Orange Blossom Special/Hoedown"|
|Joe Walsh singles chronology|
"All Night Long" is a song by Joe Walsh, the guitarist for the Eagles. It became one of Walsh's best charting singles. A live version of the song was included on the Eagles Live album. It also appears in the soundtrack to the film Urban Cowboy.
Unlike the other tracks on the film's soundtrack, it does not have much to do with country music—despite its reference to chewing tobacco: "Keep a-grinning 'til the weekend comes / Just a pinch between your cheek and gum."
One month before the film Urban Cowboy on May 11, the single entered the Billboard's Hot 100 chart at the position #74; and on July 20 it peaked at #19 (for 2 weeks) and spent 16 weeks on the Hot 100, making it one of Walsh's highest-charting solo singles. On the Canadian pop singles chart, it reached #13 for three weeks.
- Joe Walsh - lead vocals, guitars
- George "Chocolate" Perry - bass guitar
- Paul Harris - keyboards
- Joe Vitale – drums
- *Please enter your name. (2012-11-20). "Top 10 Joe Walsh Songs". Ultimateclassicrock.com. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
- "All Night Long by Joe Walsh Songfacts". Songfacts.com. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
- "Pop Singles" Billboard December 20, 1980: TIA-10