The Holy Flower
1917 Ward Lock edition
|Author||H. Rider Haggard|
|Series||Allan Quatermain Series|
|Publisher||Ward Lock & Co|
|Preceded by||Child of Storm|
Allan and the Holy Flower is a 1915 novel by H. Rider Haggard featuring Allan Quatermain. It first appeared serialised in The Windsor Magazine. The plot involves Quatermain going on a trek into Africa to find a mysterious flower.
Brother John, who has been wandering in Africa for years, confides to Allan a huge and rare orchid, the largest ever found. Allan arrives to England with the flower and there he meets Mr. Somers, an orchid collector who is willing to finance an expedition to find the plant.
- Title: Allan and the Holy Flower
- Author: Henry Rider Haggard
- Editor: Longmans, Green, and Company, 1915
- 384 pages
- Language: English
- Series: Allan Quatermain
- Genre: Adventure
- Allan and the Holy Flower at Project Gutenberg
- Dagny's Reviews > Allan and the Holy Flower
- Allan and the Holy Flower public domain audiobook at LibriVox
|This article about a 1910s novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.