Allen Parish Airport
|Allen Parish Airport|
|Owner||Allen Parish Police Jury|
|Elevation AMSL||107 ft / 33 m|
Allen Parish Airport (ICAO: KACP, FAA LID: ACP, formerly L42) is a public use airport in Allen Parish, Louisiana, United States. It is owned by the Allen Parish Police Jury and located four nautical miles (5 mi, 7 km) south of the central business district of Oakdale, Louisiana. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned ACP by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned ACP to Sahand Airport in Maragheh, Iran).
Facilities and aircraft
Allen Parish Airport covers an area of 538 acres (218 ha) at an elevation of 107 feet (33 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 18/36 with an asphalt surface measuring 5000 by 75 feet (1,522 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 6, 2011, the airport had 12,500 aircraft operations, an average of 34 per day: 88% general aviation and 12% military. At that time there were seven single-engine aircraft based at this airport.
- FAA Airport Master Record for ACP – Allen Parish ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "L42 – Allen Parish Airport". FAA data republished by AirNav. Effective August 5, 2004. Archived from the original on August 25, 2004. Check date values in:
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on September 27, 2012.
- "Allen Parish Airport (IATA: none, ICAO: KACP, FAA: ACP)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (ACP – City: Maragheh, Airport: Sahand)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- Airport page at Allen Parish Tourist Commission website
- Allen Parish (ACP) at LaDOTD airport directory
- Aerial image as of January 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for ACP, effective March 30, 2017
- Resources for this airport: