Almeno tu nell'universo
|"Almeno tu nell'universo"|
|Single by Mia Martini|
|from the album Martini Mia|
|B-side||"Spegni la testa"|
|Songwriter(s)||Bruno Lauzi, Maurizio Fabrizio|
|Mia Martini singles chronology|
"Almeno tu nell'universo" is a song written by Bruno Lauzi and Maurizio Fabrizio and recorded by Italian singer Mia Martini, who released it as a single in 1989 and included the track in the album Martini Mia. The song was performed for the first time by Mia Martini during the Sanremo Music Festival in 1989, where it placed 9th in a field of 24, receiving the Critics Award, which was later entitled to Martini herself. The song later became a commercial success. It was also covered by several artists, including Elisa, Mina, Thelma Houston and Marco Mengoni, becoming a classic of Italian popular music.
In 2005, "Almeno tu nell'universo" was voted the best Sanremo Music Festival song by the readers of the Italian newspaper la Repubblica. The single was certified gold by the Federation of the Italian Music Industry.
The music of "Almeno tu nell'universo" was composed in 1974 by Italian songwriter Maurizio Fabrizio. During the same year, Bruno Lauzi was asked to write the lyrics for the song, and he completed "Almeno tu nell'universo" in thirty minutes. The authors of the song immediately asked Mia Martini to record the song, but she refused it. However, in 1989 Martini recorded the song for the album Martini Mia, which marked her comeback after several years. The song was also submitted to the artistic committee of the 39th Sanremo Music Festival and, in January 1989, was chosen as one of the 24 entries of the main competition, where it placed ninth, receiving the Critics' Award which was later entitled to Mia Martini herself.
- 7" single – Fonit Cetra SP 1871
- "Almeno tu nell'universo" (Bruno Lauzi, Maurizio Fabrizio) – 5:05
- "Spegni la testa" (Mia Martini) – 4:00
|Italy (Musica e dischi)||6|
In 1995, Mina decided to include a cover of "Almeno tu nell'universo" in her album Pappa di latte, replacing Domenico Modugno's "Resta cu'mme", which was originally chosen as a track of the album. Mina's cover was the first recorded tribute to Martini, who had died earlier during the same year.
A cover of the song was recorded by Italian singer Elisa in 2003 for the official soundtrack of the movie Remember Me, My Love, directed by Gabriele Muccino. The song was released as a single, and it topped the Italian Singles Chart for two non-consecutive weeks, later becoming the sixth best-selling single of the year in Italy.
In 2009 the song was also covered by Italian X Factor winner Marco Mengoni, who performed it during the 9th live show. Mengoni included a studio recording of the track in his debut extended play, Dove si vola, and a live performance of the song in Re matto live, released in 2010. The studio version of the song peaked at number 22 on the Italian FIMI Singles Chart.
- Gino Castaldo (27 February 2005). "Modugno, Giorgia, Martini sono loro i magnifici tre". la Repubblica (in Italian). Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "Italian single certifications – Mia Martini – Almeno tu nell'universo" (in Italian). Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- Carlo Moretti (2 July 2010). "Spoleto, sul palco Roby Facchinetti per rifare la storia del pop italiano". la Repubblica (in Italian). Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- Ernesto Assante (23 March 1989). "Nuova avventura musicale dalla voce di Martini Mia". la Repubblica (in Italian).
- "Voilà, Sanremo '89, ce n'è per tutti i gusti". la Repubblica (in Italian). 31 January 1989. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "Le notizie del 25 Febbraio 1989". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). 25 February 1989. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Discografia Mia Martini: Single" (in Italian). HitParadeItalia.it. Archived from the original on 20 February 2010. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "Top20 del 13 Maggio 1989" (in Italian). HitParadeItalia.it. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "Brevi". la Repubblica (in Italian). 7 October 1995. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- Sandra Caserale (7 May 2003). "Mia Martini inedita e la delicata Lalli". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Italian Charts - Elisa - Almeno tu nell'universo (song)". Italiancharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Musica: è Ramazzotti il re del 2003, Ligabue da sprint" (in Italian). Adnkronos. 12 January 2004. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- Laura Gorini (7 January 2010). "Marco Mengoni- Dove si vola (SonyMusic), l'ep di debutto della nuova stella della musica italiana" (in Italian). Musicalnews.com. Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- "Marco Mengoni - Re matto live" (in Italian). Rockol.it. 8 November 2010. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Top Singoli - Classifica settimanale WK 45 (dal 2009-11-02 al 2009-11-08)" (in Italian). Federation of the Italian Music Industry. Retrieved 16 October 2017.