Am I Blue is an album by American jazz guitarist Grant Green featuring performances recorded in 1963 and released on the Blue Note label. The title track had been recorded by Ray Charles four years prior to Green's recording (for Charles' The Genius of Ray Charles LP), and the second track, "Take These Chains from My Heart", had been recorded the previous year by Charles for his Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music Volume Two LP. The remaining portion of the album featured a pair of mid-1930s pop standards and a 1940s hit for swing band leader Lucky Millinder.
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow awarded the album 3½ stars and stated "Although certainly listenable enough, this is one of Grant Green's lesser efforts from the 1960s".
- "Am I Blue" (Harry Akst, Grant Clarke) - 6:56
- "Take These Chains from My Heart" (Hy Heath, Fred Rose) - 6:12
- "I Wanna Be Loved" (Johnny Green, Edward Heyman, Billy Rose) - 7:39
- "Sweet Slumber" (Lucky Millinder, Al J. Neiburg, Henri Woode) - 7:17
- "For All We Know" (J. Fred Coots, Sam M. Lewis) - 13:59