Amanda Hearst in 2004
Amanda Randolph Hearst
January 5, 1984
New York City, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 3 in (1.60 m)|
Joachim Rønning (m. 2019)
Amanda Randolph Hearst (born January 5, 1984) is an American socialite, activist, fashion model, and heiress to the Hearst Corporation, William Randolph Hearst's media conglomerate. She is an associate market editor at Marie Claire and the founder of Friends of Finn, an organization dedicated to stopping the inhumane treatment of dogs in puppy mills. She also served as a co-chair of Riverkeeper's Junior Council.
Family and early life
Amanda Hearst is the child of Anne Hearst, a niece of Patty Hearst, and a great-granddaughter of media mogul William Randolph Hearst. Her father, Richard McChesney, separated from her mother before Hearst's birth. She is also the stepdaughter of novelist Jay McInerney and a cousin of Lydia Hearst-Shaw.
Hearst attended the Chapin School in New York City and graduated from Choate Rosemary Hall, a boarding school. After a brief stint at Boston College, she dropped out to pursue modelling. She was eventually persuaded to return to school, and she attended Fordham University, graduating in 2008 with a B.A. in art history.
- "Biography for amanda Hearst". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- Peter Davis. "Amanda Hearst". Vogue.it. Archived from the original on 2013-02-18. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Stylish Professional Series : Amanda Hearst". Prabal Gurung. 2011-06-09. Archived from the original on 2014-12-14. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Amanda Hearst Works at Marie Claire and Also Fights Unhealthy Puppy Mills". The New York Times. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Meet Amanda Hearst, Founder and Chair of Friends of Finn : The Humane Society of the United States". Humanesociety.org. Archived from the original on 2012-03-25. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Friends of Finn Members : The Humane Society of the United States". Humanesociety.org. Archived from the original on 2012-03-26. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Amanda Hearst". Riverkeeper. Archived from the original on 2013-10-21. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- Lau, Venessa (June 2006). "A League of Their Own". Style.com. CondéNet, Inc. Archived from the original on June 19, 2006. Retrieved June 22, 2007.
Patty's sister, Anne Hearst, separated from Amanda's father, Richard McChesney, before Amanda was born.
- "Photos: Behind the Hamptons Hedges". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Photos: Portraits of 'Fortune's Children'". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Amanda Hearst: heiress not in scandal shock - Telegraph". Fashion.telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Fordham Notes: Ailey/Fordham B.F.A. in Dance Performance Benefit". Fordhamnotes.blogspot.in. 2011-02-14. Retrieved 2013-10-20.