This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Amber Chia in 2008.
Chia Lee Peng
14 December 1981
|Occupation||model, actress, TV host, brand ambassador|
Adrian Wong (m. 2010)
|Children||Ashton Wong (son)|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
|Agency||Amber Chia Academy (founder)|
Amber Chia (Chinese: 谢丽萍, pinyin: Xiè Lìpíng; born 14 December 1981) is a Malaysian model, actress, TV host and brand ambassador. She was born in Teluk Intan, Malaysia, but grew up in the city of Tawau, in Sabah, East Malaysia. Chia started her own company Amber Creations in mid-2009 and a modelling school Amber Chia Academy in August 2010.
Chia was born in Teluk Intan, Perak. Due to her parents hardship, she was taken care by foster parents at eight years old. When she turned 12, Chia moved back to Tawau, Sabah. She stopped schooling at 15, to work full-time in order to help her family. In an interview with iMoney.my, Chia worked three jobs; selling fish at the market in the morning, salesgirl at a small mall in the day and a cashier at a pub at night. At 17, she left for Kuala Lumpur to be a model and rose to prominence after winning the Guess Watches Timeless Beauty International Model Search 2004 title.
Winner of the Guess Watches Timeless Beauty International Model Search 2004 title, Amber Chia became the world's first Asian model to triumph at global model searches; and the first Asian model to campaign for Guess Watches worldwide. Known for her pouty lips and her disarming smile, her continued rise to modelling excellence was further substantiated when renowned designer Victoria Beckham personally selected her to present the Victoria Beckham Autumn/Winter 2009 Ready to Wear Collection during the glamorous New York Fashion Week. She used to be signed with Red Model Management in New York.
With an illustrious career spanning over 15 years as a model, actress and brand ambassador, Amber has further highlighted her prominent mantle by evolving into a successful entrepreneur through Amber Chia Academy - her very own modelling and beauty school, which was opened in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 2010.
Amber has appeared in over 300 magazine covers, catwalk on runways in 6 continents, starred in 7 movies, authored 2 books, and appointed as brand ambassador for over 30 brands. In August 2014, Chia helped to raise awareness of the disease ALS by participating in the Ice Bucket Challenge.
- The 3rd Generation Chinese Movie 2005
- Possessed Chinese Movie 2006
- Seeds of Darkness Chinese Movie 2006
- Hantu Gangster Malaysian Movie 2012
- Tears of the Mom Chinese Movie 2012
- Ops Kossa Dappa 3 Tamil Movie 2013
- My Mr.Right Chinese Movie 2014
- Golden Lifestyle Astro Chinese Talk Show Host 2005 - 2012
- Trio on A Bed Chinese Drama 2006
- Asia’s Next Top Model Guest Judge 2014
- Amber Chia: Supermodel’s Secrets to Success Autobiography 2008 English/Chinese/Malay Editions
- Amber Chia’s Guide to a Successful Modelling Career 2013 MPH Masterclass Series
- Guess Watches Timeless Beauty International Model Search 2004 Winner
- Malaysia International Fashion Alliance (MIFA) Model of the Year 2004 & 2005
- FHM Malaysia 100 Sexiest Women 2005
- The Malaysia Book of Records First to be Appointed Ambassador for Guess Watches
- FHM Singapore 100 Sexiest Women 2007
- The Brand Laureate Awards Country Branding Award 2011/2012
- McMillan Woods Global Awards Young Achiever Artiste of the Year 2012
- Malaysia Model Festival Awards (MMFA) Most Popular Celebrity Model of the Year 2012
- Malaysia Model Festival Awards (MMFA) Muse Award 2012
- Golden Phoenix Awards The Entrepreneur Award 2013
- "Amber Chia Interview: A Model Of Determination". imoney.my. 9 February 2015. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "8 Life Lessons To Learn From Amber Chia, The Malaysian Supermodel-Turned-Entrepreneur". Vulcan Post. 21 October 2015. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "The model and her man". The Star (Malaysia). 2 April 2010. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "Amber Chia: 1Malaysia won't happen in a day". The Nut Graph. 26 September 2011. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amber Chia.|
|This article about a Malaysian actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|