||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
14 December 1981 |
Teluk Anson, Perak, Malaysia
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Weight||50 kg (110 lb)|
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
|Measurements||32 – 25 – 36|
Amber Chia (Chinese: 谢丽萍, pinyin: Xiè Lìpíng; born 14 December 1981) is a Malaysian model, actress, TV host and brand ambassador. She was born in Teluk Intan, Malaysia, but grew up in the city of Tawau, in Sabah, East Malaysia. She began her modelling career at seventeen in Kuala Lumpur.
Winner of the Guess Watches Timeless Beauty International Model Search 2004 title, Amber Chia became the world's first Asian model to triumph at global model searches; and the first Asian model to campaign for Guess Watches worldwide. Her continued rise to modelling excellence was further substantiated when renowned designer Victoria Beckham personally selected her to present the Victoria Beckham Autumn/Winter 2009 Ready to Wear Collection during the glamorous New York Fashion Week.
With an illustrious career spanning over 15 years as a model, actress and brand ambassador, Amber has further highlighted her prominent mantle by evolving into a successful entrepreneur through Amber Chia Academy - her very own modelling and beauty school, which was opened in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 2010.
Amber has appeared in over 300 magazine covers, catwalk on runways in 6 continents, starred in 7 movies, authored 2 books, and appointed as brand ambassador for over 30 brands. In August 2014, Chia helped to raise awareness of the disease ALS by participating in the Ice Bucket Challenge.
Chia was born in Teluk Intan, Perak. Due to her parents hardship, she was taken care by foster parents at eight years old. When she turned 12, Chia moved back to Tawau, Sabah. She stopped schooling at 15, to work full-time in order to help her family. In an interview with iMoney.my, Chia worked three jobs; selling fish at the market in the morning, salesgirl at a small mall in the day and a cashier at a pub at night. At 17, she left for Kuala Lumpur to be a model and rose to prominent after Winning the Guess Watches Timeless Beauty International Model Search 2004 title.
- The 3rd Generation Chinese Movie 2005
- Possessed Chinese Movie 2006
- Seeds of Darkness Chinese Movie 2006
- Hantu Gangster Malaysian Movie 2012
- Tears of the Mom Chinese Movie 2012
- Ops Kossa Dappa 3 Tamil Movie 2013
- My Mr.Right Chinese Movie 2014
- Golden Lifestyle Astro Chinese Talk Show Host 2005 - 2012
- Trio on A Bed Chinese Drama 2006
- Asia’s Next Top Model Guest Judge 2014
- Amber Chia: Supermodel’s Secrets to Success Autobiography 2008 English/Chinese/Malay Editions
- Amber Chia’s Guide to a Successful Modelling Career 2013 MPH Masterclass Series
- Guess Watches Timeless Beauty International Model Search 2004 Winner
- Malaysia International Fashion Alliance (MIFA) Model of the Year 2004 & 2005
- FHM Malaysia 100 Sexiest Women 2005
- The Malaysia Book of Records First to be Appointed Ambassador for Guess Watches
- FHM Singapore 100 Sexiest Women 2007
- The Brand Laureate Awards Country Branding Award 2011/2012
- McMillan Woods Global Awards Young Achiever Artiste of the Year 2012
- Malaysia Model Festival Awards (MMFA) Most Popular Celebrity Model of the Year 2012
- Malaysia Model Festival Awards (MMFA) Muse Award 2012
- Golden Phoenix Awards The Entrepreneur Award 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amber Chia.|