American Preppers Network
The American Preppers Network (APN) is a non-profit corporation and part of a growing international movement of people who call themselves preppers. The social network is organized by state and regional blogs and forums. The members are volunteer contributors who are dedicated to providing free information on survival skills, preparedness, self-sufficiency and sustainability 
The network of blogs is based on the concept originally created by Riverwalker of Stealth Survival who founded the first Preppers Network, Texas Preppers Network. The social network is composed of a variety of media that include chatrooms, forums, social networking pages, and a preparedness directory; Prepper.org.
The organization has also formed alliances with independent affiliates such as Pioneer Living Survival Magazine, a homesteading and survival skills website which provides a range of advice for those who just want to store extra food in case of a power cut, to those who want to embrace the "off the grid" lifestyle of America's western pioneers  a blog that showcases survival and preparedness blogs across the web. In addition to the affiliates, the group also supports several independent homesteading, survival and preparedness sites such as Prepper Podcast John Milandred  Also Ready Nutrition  and The Survival Mom.
The individuals involved in the prepper network prefer to be called preppers instead of survivalists because they are regular people with normal lifestyles and jobs who prepare for a variety of reasons whether natural or man-made.
- Blast shelter
- Bug-out bag
- Fallout shelter
- Intentional Community
- Portable water purification
- Primitive skills
- Survival kits
- Ragnar Benson
- Jeff Cooper
- John Pugsley
- James Wesley Rawles
- Howard Ruff
- Kurt Saxon
- Joel Skousen
- Don Stephens
- Mel Tappan
- "Rise of the Preppers - Organizations". Newsweek. Archived from the original on 15 January 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-26.
- Harris, Paul (2010-02-14). "Americans stock up to be ready for end of the world". London: guardian.co.uk. Archived from the original on 28 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-27.
- "Americans get set for disaster day". BBC News. Archived from the original on 2016-04-25. Retrieved 2010-03-27.
- Harris, Paul (2010-02-14). "Americans stock up to be ready". London: BBC News. Archived from the original on 28 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-27.
- "Peoria mom is doing her best to prepare for the worst". The Arizona Republic. Retrieved 2010-02-26.
- "Dallas-Fort Worth's 'modern survivalists' are ready for layoffs or war - Organizations". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Retrieved 2010-02-26.[dead link]
- Harris, Paul (2010-02-14). "Americans stock up to be ready for end of the world". The Guardian. London.
|Wikibooks has a book on the topic of: Self-Reliance Handbook|