||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Engineer Amir Muqam|
|Advisor of Prime Minister|
7 June 2013
|Prime Minister||Nawaz Sharif|
|Member of the National Assembly for Constituency NA-31|
18 February 2008 – 11 May 2013
|Succeeded by||Ibad Ullah|
July 25, 1963 |
Shangla, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan
|Political party||Pakistan Muslim League (N)
|Alma mater||University of Engineering and Technology
|Portfolio||Incharge of federal departments|
Amir Muqam Khan (Urdu:امير مقام خان ; b. 25 July 1963), is a Pakistani politician, national conservative, and mechanical engineer who is currently serving as the Advisor to Prime Minister on federal departments in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa since 29 October 2013.
Amir Muqam was born at puran village near Shangla town, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan, on 25 July 1963 into political Yousafzai family. After matriculating from a local high school, Muqam enrolled at the University of Engineering and Technology in Peshawar in 1983 to study engineering. In 1988, Muqam graduated from UET Peshawar with BSc in Mechanical engineering.
After graduation, Muqam worked for the provincial government on several projects and practiced engineering profession for nearly 10 years. Since 1989, Muqam has been a member of the Pakistan Engineering Council.
In 1998, Muqam was elected as general secretary of the Cantonments Association till he remained until 2001. In 2001, Muqam was elected unoppose as Nazim (Mayor) of Bengali Chagum Union Council after participating in local government elections.
Career in national politics
Muqam participated well on general elections held in 2002 on the Jamaat Islami & Pakistan Muslim League alliance platform for NA-31 constituency. Muqam soon changed his mind and quickly defected to PML(Q) to support Gen. Pervez Musharraf. Engineer Amir Muqam survived seven attacks on his life, including three suicide attacks.
Muqam was brought up as a Minister of State for Water and Power and Political Affairs. From 2002–07, Muqam worked for the whole Pakhtunkhwa province, from chitral to bannu, Muqam completed the Peshawar motorway,which was then inaugurated by the President Musharraf,Amir Muqam ensured Sui gas to different area's of Pakhtunkhwa,
Muqam again successfully defended his constituency in the general elections held in 2008. However, his relations grew bitter with party president of PML(Q), Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain, because of Ch Shujaat alliance with ppp,Amir Muqam resigned as Federal Minister for Industry and Production, and declare alliance with ppp baseless and unpopular, Ch Shujaat & Ch Pervez elahi went to Amir Muqam house in Islamabad but Muqam refused Ministry & alliance with PPP. After a few days, Muqam announced to join the PML(N) after holding a meeting with Nawaz Sharif. He was soon appointed Senior vice President of the party, a position vacated by Javed Hashmi who quit PML-N and joined Imran Khan's Tehrik-e-Insaf a few months back.
In 2013, Muqam decided not to contest from NA-31 constituency where he was elected twice in the past and tried on seats in Swat. He was defeated, However, his brother Dr. Ibadullah got elected as Member of the National Assembly from Shangla. Ibadullah had been District Chief (Mayor) of Shangla in the previous government. On 29 October 2013. Amir Muqam was appointed as Advisor to Prime Minister .
Amir Muqam Son Niaz Ahmad Khan is the current Distt Chief (Mayor) of Shangla.
Amir Muqam Brother Tariq Wahab is serving as an Officer in Pakistan Army.
- "Amir Muqam becomes adviser". Dawn Newspaper. 29 October 2013. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- Engineer Amir Muqam, PakistanHerald, retrieved 3 April 2012
- Staff wrtiers, contributors, et. al. "Election Commission of Pakistan: Amir Muqam". Election Commission of Pakistan. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- et. al . staff writers. "Amir Muqam". Pakistan Leaders Online database. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- Diaz, Farah. "Electoral career of Amir Muqam". Democracy index. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- Butt, Tariq (January 13, 2014). "A survivor and fighter, Muqam battles on". News International, 2014. The News International. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- NA-31 (Shangla)Result: Announced, ECP, archived from the original on 18 May 2012, retrieved 3 April 2012
- Amir Muqam joins PML-N, Pakistan Today, 29 Mar 2012, retrieved 3 April 2012
- Shujaat dissolves PML-Q KP chapter to preempt Muqam's defection, Pakistan Today, 29 Mar 2012, retrieved 3 April 2012
- Amir Muqam quits 'Q' to join PML-N, The News, 29 Mar 2012, retrieved 3 April 2012
- Amir Muqam appointed PML-N's senior vice president
- Staff reporter (29 May 2012). "Amir Muqam joins PLM(N)". Pakistan Today, May 29. Pakistan Today. Retrieved 10 October 2014.