|Occupation||Psychologist, author, academic|
|Known for||Counselor, writer|
Amit Abraham is the former principal of Scottish Church College, Kolkata, India (July 2015 - August 2016). He has served as the head of the postgraduate department of psychology at St. John's College, Agra from March 1991 to May 2015. He was teaching graduate and postgraduate classes along with supervision of research work. He had been actively involved in various offbeat research works related with the human psyche. He did his schooling from St. Joseph's College, Nainital and his post-graduate work in psychology from the Delhi University. His PhD is in the area of personality as determined and influenced by the Zodiac signs of individuals. He has been the Coordinator of the National Commission For Minority Educational Institutions, New Delhi (Under the ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi) for three consecutive terms (2005–2008). He is also the recipient of the U.P. Shikshak Samman for the year 2006, awarded by Bright Organization of Youth, Agra. He features in text books of various state governments, as an eminent Indian psychologist, which detail out his diversified contributions in the field of psychology and social causes.
Abraham has done extensive work on human sexuality and sexual attitudes. He has developed scales for the measurement of attitudes towards premarital sex, polygamy, pornography, lesbianism, and homosexuality. He has also developed scales for the measurement of values and vocational interest, self-monitoring, procrastination and a case study Performa. He has published research papers in diverse areas. He has authored textbooks and books for competitive examinations. He has also written books on general interest and self-help.He has contributed many articles in the leading daily Hindi newspapers and appeared on various talk shows in the local and state television including Moon T.V. (Agra), Sahara T.V. (Uttar Pradesh), and Sea T.V. (Uttar Pradesh and Uttranchal).
He is also the founder and head of Samvaidna,  a mental health welfare organization registered under the Societies Registration Act (Registration No. 2016). The organization is providing free guidance, counseling, and therapy for various psychological problems. Abraham's organization also holds regular free guidance and counseling camps in the city of Agra. His organization has done extensive work in the district jail of Agra giving counseling and therapy to the prisoners. Drug de-addiction programs have also been carried out in the jail.
Abraham is also actively involved in offering psychological guidance and counseling via the internet to people. He is offering guidance and counseling through the column of a national youth magazine Trailblazer. He is also the consultant for the local print and electronic media giving interviews and talks on various psychological aspects and issues. Abraham along with BIG 92.7 FM and Resonance conducted a week-long "Shine Under Pressure" motivational exercise in which children of various schools in Agra were addressed by him. He gave the students tips on handling stress, anxiety and tensions related with examination pressure and told them about the various ways in which they can enhance their learning and memorize better. He also counseled them for the various psychological problems they were facing.
- Amit Abraham. Procrastination – The Opportunity Killer: A Self Assessment Guide and Workbook. Unicorn Books Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi. (an imprint of Pustak Mahal). 2013.ISBN 9788178063379
- Amit Abraham. General Psychology. Tata McGraw Hill Higher Education, New Delhi. 2011. ISBN 978-0-07-107799-6
- Amit Abraham. The Fifth Commandment.(Fiction). createspace.com. 2011. ISBN 978-1-4636-1979-4
- Amit Abraham. The Great Game (a psycho-social political crime thriller). createspace.com. 2011.
- Amit Abraham. Taming the Little Devils Within. Unicorn Books Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi. (an imprint of Pustak Mahal). 2010. ISBN 978-81-7806-208-2
- Amit Abraham. Rules of Attraction: Get the One You Admire. Pustak Mahal, Delhi. 2008. ISBN 978-81-7806-151-1
- Amit Abraham. Personality Development Through Positive Thinking. Elgin, Ill: New Dawn Press (an imprint of Sterling), 2004. 1-932705-11-2
- Amit Abraham. UGC/NET/SLET: Psychology – Paper II: Upkar Prakshan, Agra.2004.
- Amit Abraham. Fundamentals of Psychology. Y.K. Publishers, Agra. 2002. ISBN 978-81-85070-79-7
- St. John's College, Agra, India,
- Times of India. Lucknow Edition, 8 October 2005.
- "Welcome to NCMEI". Ncmei.gov.in. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- Danik Jagran (Agra)26 May 2004
- Danik Jagran (Agra) 28 May 2006
- Amar Ujala (Agra)13 February 2006
- DLA Agra 2 June 2007
- Amar Ujala(Agra)8 December 2002
- Samvaidna – WikiName
- Danik Jagran (Agra) 9 December 2002
- Samvaidna: The Mental Health Organization | Website
- Samvaidna: The Mental Health Organization | Facebook
- Amar Ujala (Agra) 24 February 2003
- Amar Ujala (Agra) 9 May 2004
- Sahara Samay (Agra)19 June 2004
- Hindustan (Agra)2 March 2009
- Hindustan Times HT Live (Agra) 29 January 2010
- Dla Media Digital Edition
- Amar Ujala (Agra) 21 January 2010
- DLA (Agra) 21 January 2010
- Hindustan Times HT Live (Agra) 23 January 2010
- "Procrastination The Opportunity Killer – A Self Assessment Guide And Workbook by Amit Abraham". Unicorn Books. ISBN 978-8178063379. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- General Psychology – Amit Abraham – McGraw-Hill Education
- The Fifth Commandment
- The Great Game
- ISBN 978-1-4636-9768-6
- Abraham, Amit. Taming the Little Devils Within. Unicorn Books. ISBN 978-8178062082.
- "Personality Development through Positive Thinking – Self-Improvement-STERLING PUBLISHERS". Sterlingpublishers.com. Retrieved 11 August 2012.[permanent dead link]
- Piense en positivo y triunfe / Think positive and triumph 6074520378: Book: Amit Abraham (9786074520378) | Flipkart.com
- "Upkar Prakashan". Upkar.in. Archived from the original on 21 December 2012. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amit Abraham.|