Amma (2018 film)
|Directed by||Faisal Saif|
|Produced by||C. R. Manohar|
|Written by||Faisal Saif|
Ravindra A.R (Kannada Version Dialogues)
|Music by||Ustad Sultan Khan|
|Edited by||Ashutosh Anand Verma|
Amma is a 2018 multilingual Indian film written and directed by Main Hoon Rajinikanth famed controversial director Faisal Saif, and produced by C. R. Manohar under the banner of Tanvi Films. Filmed in Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, English and Malayalam, the film is Sandalwood star Ragini Dwivedi's second film to be launched on her birthday after Ragini IPS.
- Ragini Dwivedi as Jaya
- Prashant Narayanan as C.B.I Officer Deven Bharti
- Rajpal Yadav as Radhe Krishna Yadav a.k.a. Doosri Radha
- Kavita Radheshyam as Shweta Khatri
- Pooja Misrra as Aruna Sharma
- Hamsa Prathap
- Aanjjan Srivastav as Minister Dhanaji Rao
- C.R Gopi as Inspector Raghavan Shastry
- Baby Dattashree as Paree
Production and promotion
Director Faisal Saif launched the film at Om Shakti Temple Bengaluru on Ragini Dwivedi's birthday. Rajpal Yadav was signed for the main antagonist. Controversial actress Roopa Nataraj, who rose to fame with Miss Mallige, was signed for the role of a cop but later replaced by Pooja Misrra. After filming her portions, Pooja Misrra also walked out of the film, creating controversy regarding her small role in the film. Actor Prashant Narayanan, of Murder 2 fame, was signed on to play the male lead in the film; he said: "I've always been picky about my films. What drew me to this was director Faisal Saif's script. It touches upon many aspects that are relevant to today's times".
During director Faisal Saif's creative sessions with veteran filmmaker Rituparno Ghosh while he was directing Chitrangada: The Crowning Wish in 2012, Saif discussed having a transgender antagonist dealing their gender identity with Ghosh, something which he later incorporated in this film. The character is played by Rajpal Yadav.
- "Ragini Dwivedi's Amma launched!". in.movies.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Rajpal Yadav turns baddie in Kannada debut". The Times of India. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- "Roopa Nataraj turns cop for Amma". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- "Pooja Misrra opts out of Amma; stirs up controversy". The Times of India. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- "Prashant Narayanan debuts in Sandalwood with Amma". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "Why's Rajpal Yadav playing a transgender?". The Times of India. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "First Look Of Ragini Dwivedi's Amma". entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "No comparison between Mammooty and Mohanlal". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 August 2014.