|Directed by||Faisal Saif|
|Produced by||Raju Chand|
|Written by||Faisal Saif|
|Music by||Ram Shankar|
Jigyaasa, released on 10 March 2006, is a Bollywood movie directed by Faisal Saif. It was called the year's most controversial feature film, and was rumored to be based on the life of Indian actress, item girl and sex symbol Mallika Sherawat.
Based on actual events, the film tells the story of an innocent girl named Jigyaasa Mathur (Hrishitaa Bhatt) who comes from a middle-class family, the daughter of a school teacher named Malini Mathur (Varsha Usgaonkar). Malini is a woman with principles and emotions. Jigyaasa wants to become a film actress and her mother has no objections about it. But Jigyaasa has some other plans. Jigyaasa will go to any limits to reach her goal. Within a timespan of five years, Jigyaasa reaches the top and becomes India's highest paid superstar.
- Hrishitaa Bhatt as Jigyaasa Mathur
- Varsha Usgaonkar as Malini Mathur
- Kader Khan as Nand Kishore
- Milind Gunaji as Subhash Desai
- Vikas Kalantri as Avinash Chopra
- Jaya Bhattacharya as Neha Sharma
- Mukesh Tiwari a Ksamaal Hussain
- Rakesh Bedi as Ashok Kumar Shaayar (the gay activist)
- Anupam Shyam as Haider Bhai
- Baaton Hi Baaton Mein - Udit Narayan, Sadhana Sargam
- Jigyaasa - Ram Shankar
- Jigyaasa (Remix) - Ram Shankar
- Khatiya Toot Gayee Sonu Kakkar
- Meethe Meethe Sapnon Mein - Sadhana Sargam
- Saansein Meri Saansein - Rahul Vaidya
- Saansein Meri Sansein (Breathless Mix) - Rahul Vaidya
Criticism and Legacy
The Lesbian interaction and kiss between Hrishitaa Bhatt and her co-actor in the film's scene was mentioned in an article from Spotboye.com by writer Chetna Kapoor as the The Hottest Lesbian And Gay Kisses in Bollywood. Box Office Collection marked Jigyaasa and Madhur Bhandarkar's Heroine as better made films till date with Bollywood used as a backdrop.
- "I am choosy about my roles: Hrishitaa Bhatt". Indian Express. 29 June 2015. Retrieved 29 June 2015.
- "The Hottest Lesbian And Gay Kisses in Bollywood". Spotboye.com. 23 November 2016. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "Sabki Bajegi Band Review: Long forgotten Jigyaasa & Heroine were way better than it". Box Office Collection. 2 May 2015. Retrieved 2 May 2015.