And the Crowd Goes Wild
|And the Crowd Goes Wild|
|Studio album by Mark Wills|
|Released||October 21, 2003|
|Producer||Chris Lindsey, Mark Wills|
|Mark Wills chronology|
And the Crowd Goes Wild is the fifth studio album, and sixth album overall, by American country music artist Mark Wills. Released in 2003 as his last album for Mercury Nashville Records, the album produced two top 40 hit singles on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks (now Hot Country Songs) charts: the title track and "That's a Woman", which peaked at #29 and #40, respectively. The album itself peaked at #5 on the Billboard Top Country Albums charts, and #68 on The Billboard 200.
The title track was previously recorded by Jeffrey Steele on his 2002 album Somethin' in the Water, and later covered by PBR Allstars on their album Buck and Roll: Vol. 1. "Prisoner of the Highway" is a cover version of a song previously recorded by Ronnie Milsap, and features guest vocals from him. "What Hurts the Most" was later recorded by pop singer Jo O'Meara and country trio Rascal Flatts, who released their versions in 2005 and 2006, respectively. Wills's version, though never released as a single itself, peaked at #51 on the Billboard Hot Digital Songs charts in 2006. Additionally, "A Singer in a Band" was later recorded by Joe Nichols on his 2004 album Revelation.
- "And the Crowd Goes Wild" (Craig Wiseman, Jeffrey Steele) – 4:00
- "He's a Cowboy" (Wiseman, Dan Couch, P.J. Smith) – 3:10
- "That's a Woman" (Rivers Rutherford, Steven Dale Jones) – 2:43
- "Prisoner of the Highway" (Mike Reid) – 4:23
- duet with Ronnie Milsap
- "What Hurts the Most" (Steele, Steve Robson) – 3:47
- "What She Sees in Me" (Jimmy Ritchey, Chuck Jones) – 3:49
- "Married in Mexico" (Trey Bruce, Cory Mayo) – 4:47
- "Nothin' but a Suntan" (James T. Slater) – 3:51
- "How Bad Do You Want It" (Tom Shapiro, Mark Nesler, Tony Martin) – 3:28
- "I Just Close My Eyes" (Chris Lindsey, Bill Luther, Aimee Mayo) – 4:51
- "A Singer in a Band" (Tim Mensy, Gary Harrison) – 3:15
- Tim Akers – keyboards
- Kelly Archer – background vocals
- Tommy Bass – background vocals
- Tom Bukovac – electric guitar, acoustic guitar
- J. T. Corenflos – electric guitar
- Eric Darken – percussion
- Paul Franklin – steel guitar
- Aubrey Haynie – fiddle, mandolin
- Jeff Hazard – background vocals
- Wes Hightower – background vocals
- Bruce Johnson – background vocals
- Vanessa Lynch – background vocals
- Aimee Mayo – background vocals
- Cory Mayo – background vocals
- Ronnie Milsap – duet vocals on "Prisoner of the Highway"
- George Plaster – spoken commentary on "And the Crowd Goes Wild"
- John Wesley Ryles – background vocals
- Jimmie Lee Sloas – bass guitar
- Biff Watson – acoustic guitar
- Bruce Willingham – background vocals
- Mark Wills – lead vocals
- Lonnie Wilson – drums
Strings on "That's a Woman" and "What Hurts the Most" performed by the Nashville String Machine and conducted by Carl Gorodetzky.
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||5|
|U.S. Billboard 200||68|
- And the Crowd Goes Wild (CD liner notes). Mark Wills. Mercury Records. 2003. 000101202.