||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2013)|
Tom Bukovac is an American session musician.
Bukovac began playing guitar at age ten, and started playing his first shows at age thirteen. He grew up in Willowick, Ohio and moved to Nashville, Tennessee in 1992, where he found work playing for Tanya Tucker, Lionel Cartwright and others. He also toured with Wynonna Judd, but by 1999, Bukovac decided to stop touring and play as a session musician. He won the MusicRow Magazine Session Guitarist of the Year Award five years consecutively, and has earned a series of nominations from the Country Music Association and the Academy of Country Music (he won ACM Guitarist of the Year for 2008 and 2010).
Nashville, TN – November 21, 2013 – Trigger Hippy, a new creative collective of musicians, is excited to announce their debut EP. The powerful, soul-infused rock and roll band was founded by Black Crowes drummer Steve Gorman, and features twin lead vocals from multi-platinum recording artist Joan Osborne and singer-songwriter Jackie Greene who also plays guitar and keyboards. Rounding out the group are lead guitarist Tom Bukovac, who co-produced the EP with the band, and bassist Nick Govrik.
- Academy of Country Music 2008 Guitarist of the Year
- MusicRow Session Guitarist of the Year 2009
- MusicRow Session Guitarist of the Year 2008
- MusicRow Session Guitarist of the Year 2007
- MusicRow Session Guitarist of the Year 2006
- MusicRow Session Guitarist of the Year 2005
External Links, References
- AllMusic.com Recording Credits page
- Academy of Country Music 2009 Nominees and Winners Announcements
- Music Row Magazine Top Ten All Stars announcement
- Official Website
- Top Piano/Keyboards Player of the Year