|Limited liability partnership|
|Industry||Lawyers, Solicitors, Corporate and commercial law|
|Headquarters||Edinburgh (HQ), Glasgow, East Lothian|
|Scotland and UK|
Number of employees
'Anderson Strathern' LLP is a Scottish law firm with offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow and East Lothian. In 2012, The Lawyer named Anderson Strathern as the 98th largest law firm in the United Kingdom, with a turnover of £23m. The firm has over 300 staff, 59 partners, 25 accredited specialists and eight solicitor advocates. Clients include private and public sector organisations and private individuals.
Anderson Strathern was founded in 1992, following the merger of two Edinburgh firms, J & F Anderson and Strathern & Blair, both having been in practice for over 200 years.
Anderson Strathern was joined in July 2011 by the partners and staff of property practice Bell & Scott.
Anderson Strathern's practice areas include:
Anderson Strathern is a member of the Association of European Lawyers. The Association of European Lawyers has 5217 member lawyers in 37 firms, covering over 59 practice areas in 41 jurisdictions.
In 2010 Anderson Strathern LLP were 'Highly commended' in Climate Change and Sustainability category in the Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Report 2010.
The firm is recognised by legal directories Chambers and Partners and Legal 500. Chambers & Partners recognises 41 of Anderson Strathern's lawyers as leaders in their respective fields. The firm is ranked by Chambers and Partners in 34 practice areas, including eight 'Band 1 rankings' in:
- Administrative and Public Law
- Agriculture & Rural Affairs
- Banking Litigation
- Civil Liberties and Human Rights
- Clinical Negligence – Mainly Claimant
- Education – Institutions
- Parliamentary and Public Affairs
Accreditations & Certifications
Anderson Strathern is accredited as Investors in People at Gold Standard  and is certified holders of ISO 27001 (information security), ISO 9001 (quality management), OHSAS 18001 (health & safety) and ISO 14001 (environmental).
- "The Lawyer Firm Profile". The Lawyer. October 2012. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- "Innovative Lawyers". Financial Times. 2010.
- "Chambers and Partners Firm Profile". Chambers and Partners.
- "Legal 500 Firm Profile".
- "Anderson Strathern awarded world’s highest accreditation for information protection and security". The Lawyer. April 2013.