February 21, 1982 |
The Bronx, New York
|Listed height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Listed weight||172 lb (78 kg)|
|High school||Rice (New York City, New York)|
|College||Seton Hall (2000–2004)|
|NBA draft||2004 / Undrafted|
|2008||Los Angeles Clippers|
|2011–2012||Chorale Roanne Basket|
|2013||Maine Red Claws|
|2013||Sioux Falls Skyforce|
|2015–2016||Toros de Aragua|
|2016||Indios de San Francisco de Macorís|
|Career highlights and awards|
Andre Rashawd Barrett (born February 21, 1982) is an American professional basketball player who last played for the Indios de San Francisco de Macorís of the Liga Nacional de Baloncesto (LNB). He played college basketball for Seton Hall.
Barrett was undrafted following a college basketball career at Seton Hall University, and he began his professional career by signing prior to the start of the 2004–05 National Basketball Association season as a free agent with the New York Knicks. He played with the Knicks for three weeks before being waived during the pre-season. He then signed with the Houston Rockets, and he later went on to play for the Orlando Magic.
On September 27, 2005, the Milwaukee Bucks signed Barrett to an undisclosed free agent contract. He participated in eight preseason games with the team, however, he was waived prior to the start of the 2005–2006 season on October 27. Starting on March 1, 2006, Barrett signed two consecutive 10-day contracts with the Phoenix Suns, but he was released from his second contract on March 14. The following day, Barrett signed two consecutive 10-day contracts with the Toronto Raptors, with whom he averaged 15.8 minutes per game. On July 13, 2006, he was waived.
In the 2006 NBA D-League Expansion Draft, held on September 25, 2006, the Bakersfield Jam selected the signing rights to Barrett with their first draft pick. The previous season, he represented another team from the league, the Florida Flame.
On October 2, 2006, he was signed by the Chicago Bulls. The following season, on October 22, the Bulls waived Barrett, who then returned to the Jam for the 2007–08 season. On February 25, 2008, he was traded to the D-League club the Austin Toros in exchange for Justin Reed.
On October 31, 2014, Barrett's rights were traded from Sioux Falls to the Westchester Knicks in exchange for a third-round pick and the rights to Brady Morningstar. He officially joined the Knicks on November 3, 2014. On April 3, 2015, he was ruled out for the rest of the season after suffering a thumb injury.
- Andre Barrett - NBA Players - Sportsnet.ca.
- BUCKS: Bucks Sign Andre Barrett & Tommy Smith.
- RealGM: Wiretap Archives: Bucks Waive Andre Barrett, Tommy Smith.
- One Bakersfield Online - Bakersfield News.
- BULLS: Bulls Announce Training Camp Roster.
- Yahoo! Sports.
- CLIPPERS: Clippers Sign Guard Andre Barrett
- Clippers fall, sign Parker
- FC Barcelona signs playmaker Andre Barrett.
- STAMPEDE ADD GUARD ANDRE BARRETT TO ROSTER
- Chorale Roanne lands Andre Barrett
- RED CLAWS ACQUIRE ANDRE BARRETT
- Skyforce Acquires Former NBA Point Guard
- "Grizzlies sign Andre Barrett". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. October 10, 2013. Retrieved October 11, 2013.
- Memphis Grizzlies waive Andre Barrett, Melvin Ely, Tony Gaffney and Willie Reed
- Westchester Knicks take Joseph Bertrand with initial pick
- Westchester Knicks Finalize Inaugural Training Camp Roster
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Kevin Foster
- "Toros anuncia la contratación de Andre Barrett". LiderEnDeportes.com (in Spanish). December 22, 2015. Retrieved December 25, 2015.
- "Indios de San Francisco anuncian a Andre Barrett como refuerzo". elnacional.com.do (in Spanish). June 27, 2016. Retrieved September 3, 2016.