Andrea Wong serves on the boards of Liberty Media Corporation, Liberty Interactive Corporation and Hudson's Bay Company. She is also a Governor of the British Film Institute, and a Trustee of the Royal Academy of Arts.
Wong was most recently President, International Production for Sony Pictures Television and President, International for Sony Pictures Entertainment based in London. She oversaw Sony Pictures Television’s 18 overseas production companies, creating nearly 1,300 hours of entertainment around the world each year. Among her many achievements in this role, Wong brought The Crown to Sony, winner of Golden Globes for Best Drama Television Series and Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series along with numerous other accolades. As President, International for Sony Pictures Entertainment, Wong guided the company on matters impacting international production and championed the studio’s interests abroad.
Previously, Wong served as president and CEO of Lifetime Networks, where she oversaw the day-to-day operations of Lifetime Television, Lifetime Movie Network, Lifetime Real Women, and Lifetime Digital, including programming, marketing, advertising sales, affiliate sales, public affairs, business and legal affairs, strategic planning, operations and research. During her time there she saw Army Wives become Lifetime's top-rated original series ever and spearheaded Lifetime's acquisition of Project Runway.
Prior to that, Wong was executive vice president, alternative programming, specials and late night at ABC where she developed shows such as The Bachelor, the U.S. version of Dancing With the Stars and the Emmy-award winning Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
Wong graduated MIT with a degree in electrical engineering and received an MBA from Stanford University. She is a Henry Crown Fellow of the Aspen Institute, and serves on the Stanford Graduate School of Business Advisory Council.
- Andrea Wong named President, International Production, Sony Pictures Television and President, International, Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Andrea Wong joining Sony, Hollywood Reporter
- NELLIE ANDREEVA "Deadline" Andrea Wong Tapped As President Of Int’l Production At Sony Pictures TV & President International At Sony Pictures Entertainment deadline.com, Retrieved on October 1, 2013
- Q&A: Lifetime's Andrea Wong - TVWeek - News
- Andrea Wong - Women's Impact Report 2007 - Variety
- Future of Entertainment Conference - Keynotes