Andrew Freeman (musician)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Andrew Freeman|
|Genres||Punk rock, heavy metal|
|Associated acts||Last in Line
Raiding The Rock Vault
Andrew Freeman is an American rock vocalist and guitarist who has played for a number of bands, most notably punk rock group The Offspring and hard rock guitarist George Lynch's Lynch Mob. Freeman is currently the frontman for the hard rock band Last in Line, which features the reunited original members of the band Dio.
Andrew Freeman was the guitarist, co-songwriter and co-producer for the Massachusetts band Thirty Stones, whose album Canvas, produced by Chris "Zeuss" Harris, peaked at #5 on FMQB's Metal Detector and CMJ Crucial Spins. The band performed more than 250 concerts in 2003, appearing with bands such as Sevendust, Staind, Shadows Fall, Powerman 5000, Dope, Nonpoint, Hed PE, and Lacuna Coil, among others. Thirty Stones were also featured on several compilation CDs released by Cleopatra Records. The band reformed at the end of 2010, appearing on the cover of The Valley Advocate and performing a few shows in Massachusetts and California.
Freeman joined punk band The Offspring as a touring guitarist and backup vocalist on their 2008 tour for the album Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace. In 2010, Freeman joined Hurricane as the lead vocalist, performing a few shows with the band before leaving in 2013.
In 2012, after the death of Ronnie James Dio, Freeman joined the original members of Dio as a vocalist to form the band Last in Line, a supergroup featuring Vivian Campbell (Def Leppard, Whitesnake), Vinny Appice (Black Sabbath) and Jimmy Bain (Rainbow). Last In Line released their first album, Heavy Crown in 2016 and reached #1 on Billboard’s "Heat Seeker" chart.
Freeman has performed on three tours as the lead vocalist with Dokken and Lynch Mob guitarist George Lynch, including a feature on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and a headline show at the Musicians Institute in Hollywood, California.
Freeman has also worked as a voice over actor for Nickelodeon and various commercials for radio, television and film, and as a music producer and audio engineer.
- "Locobazooka!". Locobazooka!. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- "Music - Gathering Moss No More". The Valley Advocate. 2010-11-25. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- "Heatseekers Albums: Up and Coming Musicians Chart". Billboard. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- "'Raiding The Rock Vault' Year-Long Run In Las Vegas To Kick Off In Early March". BLABBERMOUTH.NET. 2013-02-09. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- "George Lynch Featured On 'The Tonight Show With Jay Leno' - Blabbermouth.net". Roadrunnerrecords.com. 2005-12-09. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- "George Lynch To Perform At Esp Guitars' 30th Anniversary Party At Git - Blabbermouth.net". Roadrunnerrecords.com. 2005-10-19. Retrieved 2014-07-15.