This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bazmee at the studio release of Ready
|Occupation||Film Director, Screenplay writer|
|Years active||1988 – present|
Bazmee started his career in 1988, as a dialogue writer for the film Hum Farishte Nahin. He returned in the year 1990 as a writer for the film Swarg, which was directed by David Dhawan and starred Rajesh Khanna and Govinda. He did several projects in collaboration with Dhawan and Govinda.
In 1995, after having written scripts for ten films, including hits such as Aankhen, Bazmee made his directorial debut with the film Hulchul. Starring Ajay Devgn and Kajol, the film went unnoticed critically and commercially as well. However, his attempt to cast Devgan and Kajol once again in 1998 for his second directorial venture, Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha, proved successful. The film was both a major critical and commercial success, and turned out to be one of the industry's biggest hits that year.
After the success of Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha, Bazmee took a five-year break from directing. He returned in 2002, with the thriller Deewangee, which performed above average business at the box office.[clarification needed] In 2005 Bazmee directed the multi-star comedy film, No Entry. The film became the biggest hit of the year, earning over Rs 430 million in its domestic box office. He had great success with Welcome and Singh Is Kinng. Starring Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif in the lead roles, the films were commercially successful.
In 2009, Firoz A. Nadiadwala acquired the rights of the film The Hangover and announced that Bazmee was to direct a Hindi language remake of the film, making this the first time Bazmee would make a legitimate version of a Hollywood movie.[unreliable source?]
|2.||1998||Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha|
|7.||2008||Singh Is Kinng|
|2009||Shortkut - The Con is On|
|2001||Mujhe Meri Biwi Se Bachaao|
|1994||Eena Meena Deeka|
|1992||Bol Radha Bol|
|1992||Aaj Ka Goonda Raj|
|1992||Shola Aur Shabnam|
|1992||Yaad Rakhegi Duniya|
|1992||Aaj Ka Goonda Raj|
|2015||Care of Footpath 2||Kannada film|
- "Box Office 1993". BoxOfficeIndia.Com. Archived from the original on 4 April 2008. Retrieved 14 March 2008.
- "Box Office 1998". BoxOfficeIndia.Com. Archived from the original on 4 April 2008. Retrieved 14 March 2008.
- "Box Office 2002". BoxOfficeIndia.Com. Archived from the original on 4 April 2008. Retrieved 14 March 2008.
- "Box Office 2005". BoxOfficeIndia.Com. Archived from the original on 4 April 2008. Retrieved 14 March 2008.
- "Hindi Hangover remake". starboxoffice. 27 July 2009. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 6 March 2011.