Diocese of Swaziland
Diocese of Eswatini
|Ecclesiastical province||Anglican Church of Southern Africa|
|Cathedral||Cathedral Church of All Saints, Mbabane|
|Bishop||Dalcy Badeli Dlamini|
The Diocese of Eswatini is a diocese in the Anglican Church of Southern Africa. It was founded in 1968. It comprises the country of Eswatini. It is divided in three archdeaconries, Eastern, Southern and Western.
The diocese was created in 1968, shortly after the independence of Swaziland and had Anthony Hunter as its first bishop, from 1968 to 1975.
Bishops of the diocese
- Anthony Hunter, 1968–1975
- Bernard Lazarus Nyoni Mkhabela, 1975–1993
- Lawrence Bekisisa Zulu, 1993–2000
- Meshack Boy Mabuza, 2002–2012
- Ellinah Wamukoya, 2012–2021
- Dalcy Badeli Dlamini, 2022
Coat of arms
The diocese registered a coat of arms at the Bureau of Heraldry in 1969 : Azure, two Swazi battle-axes erect addorsed, handles Or, blades Argent, bound Gules. The shield is ensigned of a bishop's mitre.
- Official information from the Anglican Communion website
- Anglican Diocese of Swaziland at the Anglican Church of Southern Africa Official Website
- Official website