||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
McLaren in 2016
3 November 1988 |
Wonthaggi, Victoria, Australia
Angus McLaren (born 3 November 1988) is an Australian actor who is best known for his roles in the television series Packed to the Rafters as Nathan Rafter and H2O: Just Add Water as Lewis McCartney.
He appeared in a number of school and amateur productions for the Leongatha Lyric Theatre. He made his professional debut when he was 12 years old with a recurring role on the ABC series Something in the Air. Further TV credits followed, including the children's series Worst Best Friends, The Saddle Club and Fergus McPhail, along with guest roles on Blue Heelers, Comedy Inc and a recurring role on Neighbours.
McLaren's first main cast role came in 2004 with the children's series Silversun, which aired on both the Seven Network and the ABC. His feature film debut followed in 2005 with the low budget Melbourne feature Court of Lonely Royals, directed by Rohan Michael Hoole. 2005 also saw McLaren work on Last Man Standing, and achieve a solid footing on the advert voiceover circuit. In 2006, McLaren began working on the children's series H2O: Just Add Water, appearing from series one through midseason of series three as the character Lewis McCartney.
From 2008, he appeared in Packed to the Rafters in the role of Nathan Rafter. He appeared in 114 episodes over the show’s six seasons.
Through 2013 and into 2014 he took a variety of master classes in New York, LA, Sydney and Melbourne with some of the world’s finest teachers. He then studied a Bachelor of Acting at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts in Perth, Western Australia. While at WAAPA, Angus appeared in eight WAAPA stage productions. He was The Marquis De Sade in WAAPA's production of Marat/Sade, The Man in Tender Napalm and, in his graduating year, received great reviews playing the title role in Shakespeare’s Coriolanus.
In 2016, he played the character of William "The Crimson Fiddler" Graham in Quartermaine. He won the Nine Network Channel 9 Best Actor Award at the WA Screen Academy Awards  for his portrayal of Will in this short film.
|2006||Court of Lonely Royals|
|2009||Sunset Over Water||Andrew||Short Film|
|2016||Quartermaine||William Graham||Short Film|
|2000–2002||Something in the Air||Jason Cassidy|
|2002||Shuang Tong||St. Louis Murder Victim|
|2002||Worst Best Friends||Eddie|
|2002–2003||Neighbours||Michael Toohey/Jamie Clarke|
|2003||The Saddle Club||Danny|
|2003||CrashBurn||Ben – Aged 15|
|2005||Last Man Standing||Brendan Delaney|
|2003–2005||Blue Heelers||Max Harrison / Brendan Delaney|
|2006–2010||H2O: Just Add Water||Lewis McCartney|
|2008||All Saints||Angus Wilson|
|2008 – 2013||Packed to the Rafters||Nathan Rafter|
|2015||Tender Napalm||The Man||Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts stage production|
|2015||Marat/Sade||Sade||Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts stage production|
|2016||Coriolanus||Coriolanus||Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts stage production|
- "About the Stars: Angus McLaren as 'Lewis'". ZDF-Enterprises.de. Archived from the original on 10 February 2010. Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- Review of Marat Sade - WAAPA, Perth Theatre Reviews (13 March 2015) http://perththeatrereviews.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/marat-sade-waapa-13-march-2015.html
- Swordplay For Our Times, The West Australian (15 March 2016) https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/entertainment/a/31106203/swordplay-for-our-times/
- Quartermaine, on Channel 9's 9Now site (3 November 2016) https://www.9now.com.au/wa-screen-academy-awards-2016/2016/clip-ciugbalbd00fd0ho7d89qcjcg/aff1f384-41a7-471e-8aab-d3ee40e5eff3
- West Australia Screen Academy Awards 2016, broadcast on Channel 9's 9Now site (3 November 2016) https://www.9now.com.au/wa-screen-academy-awards-2016/2016/episode-1