3 April 1984 |
La Lisa, La Habana, Cuba
|Height||1.92 m (6 ft 3 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||87 kg (192 lb)|
Anier Boué (born April 3, 1984 in La Lisa, La Habana) is a Cuban javelin thrower.Shortly before the Olympics, he had won two gold medals in his category at the Central American and Caribbean Championships in Cali, Colombia, and also at the Ibero-American Championships in Iquique, Chile.
Boué represented Cuba at the 2008 Summer Olympics, where he competed in the men's javelin throw. He placed fifteenth for the first group, and twenty-eighth overall in the qualifying rounds, with a throw of 71.85 metres, failing to advance into the finals.
Boue threw his personal best of 80.53 metres at a national meet in his home city of Havana.
- Javelin throw: 80.53 m – La Habana, 21 June 2007
|2005||ALBA Games||La Habana, Cuba||5th||Javelin||72.42 m|
|2007||ALBA Games||Caracas, Venezuela||2nd||Javelin||79.14 m|
|2008||Ibero-American Championships||Iquique, Chile||1st||Javelin||78.77 m|
|Central American and Caribbean Championships||Cali, Colombia||1st||Javelin||74.98 m|
|Olympic Games||Beijing, China||28th (q)||Javelin||71.85 m|
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Anier Boué". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 8 December 2012.
- XXIX JUEGOS OLIMPICOS BEIJING 2008 - Delegación Cubana (PDF) (in Spanish), Instituto Nacional de Deportes Educación Física y Recreación (INDER), p. 57, archived from the original (PDF) on January 1, 2016, retrieved June 24, 2013
- Biscayart, Eduardo (7 July 2008). "Cuba takes overall title in Cali; last day of CAC Champs beset by torrential rains". IAAF. Retrieved 8 December 2012.
- Biscayart, Eduardo (15 June 2008). "Brazil leads after day two of Ibero-American Championships in Iquique". IAAF. Retrieved 8 December 2012.
- "Men's Javelin Throw – Qualifying Rounds". NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 30 July 2012. Retrieved 8 December 2012.
|This biographical article relating to Cuban athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|