|Birth name||Anise Arsalon Khoshmashrab|
|Born||20 February 1985|
|Origin||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Occupation(s)||Producer, songwriter, singer|
|Labels||Cobalt Music Greece|
Anise Arsalon Khoshmashrab (born 20 February 1985) is an Australian recording artist, record producer, and songwriter known by his stage name Anise K. In 2012 he was signed to Sony Music Australia and is now currently signed with Cobalt Music.
Life and career
1985–2011: Early life and career beginnings
Anise K was born on 20 February 1985 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia to parents Behzad and Pari Khoshmashrab. From a young age, Anise demonstrated a keen sense and interest for music. He has played alongside his father, Behzad Khoshmashrab, in many Bahá'í community events and fundraisers. A number of CDs have been released featuring Anise and his father often playing International and Baha'i music. Anise has been involved in many local, national and international events.
His professional breakthrough occurred in 2006 when Anise moved to Los Angeles and was working alongside the Three time Grammy Award winning producer KC Porter. In 2007 Anise flew to Miami to meet with Bruno Del Granado (Ricky Martin's business manager) to start working on Ricky Martin concert licensing in Australasia. In June 2011 Anise K released his debut single "I Feel Good" co-produced by ARIA Award winning producer, Audius Mtawarira. The song's success lead to a viral video by Keenan Cahill.
2012 – present
In January 2012, Anise K signed with manager, Jamie C. Huber (Hype33 Entertainment) to manage his solo career. It was shortly after in July 2012 Anise was signed to Sony Music Australia just after he had finished recording his second single "Walking on Air"."Walking on Air" was written by Anise K and KC Porter, and the rap section was written by Snoop Dogg. The single features international renowned hip/hop artist Snoop Dogg and upcoming artist Bella Blue. Some of the biggest names in the music industry have been involved in the development of the single including Phil Tan as mixing engineer and producer KC Porter. The music video was filmed on a Dry Lake Bed just outside Las Vegas, Nevada and Sydney, Australia. The single was due for release on 14 December 2012.
"Walking on Air" has been a huge hit in Greece in 2013. The song climbed to No.1 on the international airplay chart in Greece and in the Top 5 of the official airplay chart. It has reached #1 on both official iTunes chart and dance iTunes chart in Greece. "Walking on Air" was the No. 1 international track on the airplay chart of Greece for 2013.
- "Arts Dialogue: Bahá´í Association for the Arts". Bahai-library.org. 1999-09-26. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- TheBk009 (2012-01-09). "Behzad and Anise Khoshmashrab videos". Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "Council for a Parliament of the World's Religions". Parliamentofreligions.org. Archived from the original on 15 December 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "Triple J Unearthed - Anise K". Triple J Unearthed. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "Produced by Audius Mtawarira". 2011-06-05. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "Anise K- Signed Worldwide with Sony". Nova FM. Archived from the original on 2013-01-14. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- "Anise K with Snoop Dogg". Nova FM. Archived from the original on 2013-01-15. Retrieved 2012-12-10.