|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (October 2012)|
Anonplus is the social networking service that Anonymous decided to launch, after Your Anon News was banned from Google+ on 15 July 2011. Anonymous defines Anonplus as a "new social network where there is no fear...of censorship...of blackout...nor of holding back." Anonplus has the goal of creating a decentralized and secure social network where the privacy of the users is valued.
Attack on Anonplus
On the 21st of July, 2011, Anonplus was hacked by rival hackers. A group of hackers apparently based in Turkey replaced AnonPlus's main webpage with an image of a dog wearing a suit, mocking the more normal Anonymous logo, and messages in Turkish and English.
The social networking site is still in development. However, their website was updated on the 13th of November with a press release which mentioned that the project had entered an invite-only beta phase. According to this document, the project entered this beta phase on the 5th of November. The document also explains that it has become a goal of the project to target censorship.
- Tweet from @AnonPlus, 16 July 2011
- Tumblr post of Your Anon News, 15 July 2011
- Anonplus Project and Network Plans (PDF), August 2011, retrieved 21 November 2011
- "AnonPlus, Anonymous's social network, is hacked", nakedsecurity.sophos.com, 21 July 2011
- Twitter feed of @AnonPlus
- Anon+ News (PDF), November 2011, retrieved 21 November 2011