Анжелина Алексеевна Швачка
Shvachka in 2016
|Born||July 17, 1971|
|Occupation(s)||Opera singer (mezzo-soprano)|
Anzhelina[n 1] Alekseevna Shvachka (Ukrainian: Анжелина Алексеевна Швачка; born 1971) is a Ukrainian operatic mezzo-soprano singer. She is a leading soloist of the National Opera of Ukraine in Kiev, where she started in 1997.
Shvachka was born in Dnipro, Ukraine. She is the prizewinner of Klaudia Taev Competition in 2005. After that she was invited to perform numerous times with Pärnu International Opera Music Festival PromFest in Estonia and abroad. Some notable roles were the title role in Carmen (2007), Lyubasha in The Tsar's Bride (2013), Amneris in Aida (2015).
Notes and references
- Also transcribed as "Angelina"
- Profile, National Opera of Ukraine (in Ukrainian)
- "Klaudia Taev 2005 Prizewinners".
- Schedule at Operabase
- Borodin: Prince Igor (highlights), Naxos Records
- Winstin: Oedipus Requiem (2007), Presto Classical
- "УКАЗ ПРЕЗИДЕНТА УКРАЇНИ №77/2016" [Decree of the President of Ukraine No.77/2016], 2 March 2016 (in Ukrainian)