Arkansas Highway 348
|Maintained by ArDOT|
|Existed:||November 23, 1966 – present|
|Length:||5.56 mi (8.95 km)|
|West end:||AR 59 at Figure Five|
|East end:||AR 60|
|Length:||3.61 mi (5.81 km)|
|West end:||US 71 at Cain|
|East end:||National Forest Route 1007|
Highway 348 (AR 348, Ark. 348, and Hwy. 348) is a designation for two east–west state highways in Crawford County. One segment of 5.56 miles (8.95 km) runs from Highway 59 at Figure Five east to Arkansas Highway 60 near Rudy. A second segment of 3.61 miles (5.81 km) runs from US Route 71 (US 71) at Cain east to National Forest Route 1007.
Figure Five to Rudy
AR 348 begins at US 71 at the unincorporated community of Cain south of Mountainburg. The route runs northeast, entering the Ozark National Forest and terminating at an intersection with National Forest Route 1007 and Hickory Street. The road is two–lane undivided for its entire length.
Cain to Ozark National Forest
Highway 348 was created by the Arkansas State Highway Commission on November 23, 1966. The second segment between Cain and the National Forest was designated on June 28, 1973 pursuant to Act 9 of 1973 by the Arkansas General Assembly. The act directed county judges and legislators to designate up to 12 miles (19 km) of county roads as state highways in each county.
The entire route is in Crawford County.
|Figure Five||0.00||0.00||AR 59||Western terminus|
|||5.56||8.95||AR 60||Eastern terminus|
|Gap in route|
|Cain||0.00||0.00||US 71||Eastern terminus|
|||4.63||7.45||Forest Route 1007||Western terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
Route map: Google
- "Minutes" & 1953–69, p. 558.
- System Information and Research Division (2014). "Arkansas Road Log Database" (MDB). Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Retrieved March 27, 2016.
- General Highway Map, Crawford County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). 1:62500. Cartography by Planning and Research Division. Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. June 2010. Retrieved December 31, 2011.
- "Minutes" & 1970–79, p. 1190.
- Planning and Research Division, Policy Analysis Section (2010). Development of Highway and Transportation Legislation in Arkansas (PDF). A Review of the Acts Relative to Administering and Financing Highways and Transportation in Arkansas. Little Rock: Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. p. 13. Retrieved December 4, 2016.