Arlington Plantation House (Franklin, Louisiana)
Arlington Plantation House
|Location||56 E. Main Street,
|Area||0.3 acres (0.12 ha)|
|Architectural style||Greek Revival|
|NRHP reference #||82000457|
|Added to NRHP||October 05, 1982|
The Arlington Plantation House (also known as Arlington Plantation House and Gardens) is a historic house located at 56 East Main Street in Franklin, Louisiana.
Description and history
It is a 2-1/2 story Greek Revival style house, designed and used as a single dwelling, and is undoubtedly the most widely recognized historic archetype of the southern states. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on October 5, 1982.
In 2017 it is available for rent as a wedding venue or for other events.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Arlington Plantation House - Franklin, LA - U.S. National Register of Historic Places on Waymarking.com". www.waymarking.com. Retrieved 2017-07-27.
- "Arlington Plantation House" (PDF). State of Louisiana's Division of Historic Preservation. 1982. Retrieved July 27, 2017. with two photos and two maps
- Arlington Plantation House and Gardens
- Arlington Plantation House and Gardens, official site
|This article about a property in Louisiana on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|