Arye Gross, 2005
March 17, 1960 |
Los Angeles, California,
Arye Gross (born March 17, 1960) is an American actor.
Arye Gross attended the University of California at Irvine and went on to study acting at the Conservatory at South Coast Repertory. He then became a member of the South Coast Repertory resident company for three years. This was followed by a year with El Teatro Campesino under the direction of Luis Valdez. Gross has appeared in a number of stage productions with a variety of companies in the Los Angeles area, including LATC, Pasedena Playhouse, Odyssey Theater Ensemble, MET Theater and Stages Theater Center. Gross' stage credits include "La Bete" for the Stages Theatre Center, "Room Service" for the Pasadena Playhouse, "Three Sisters" for the Los Angeles Theatre Center, "Taming of the Shrew" and "Much Ado About Nothing" for the Grove Shakespeare Festival, "Troillus and Cressida" for the Globe Playhouse and "Screwball" and "Let's Play Two" for the South Coast Repertory Theatre. Gross was also performed Los Angeles stage production Georges Feydeau's Sleep, I Want You to Sleep at the Stages Theatre Company. In 2000, Gross became Managing Artistic Director of Stages.
Gross's best known television role was on the ABC series Ellen as Adam Green, for the program's first three seasons. Gross also starred in the short-lived series Citizen Baines with James Cromwell. Arye has made numerous guest appearances on a wide variety of television series, such as Diff'rent Strokes, Knight Rider, Six Feet Under, Law and Order: Special Victims Unit and Law & Order: Criminal Intent. He currently has a recurring role as Dr. Sidney Perlmutter on Castle.
Gross also played the adult voice of the character Kevin Arnold on the pilot episode of The Wonder Years when it first aired after Super Bowl XXII. However, the narration was re-recorded using Daniel Stern's voice for the pilot when it subsequently re-aired, and Stern remained the narrator through the entire run of the series.
- Guest appearances
- Knight Rider as Elliott Sykes in "Knight & Knerd" (1985)
- Friends playing Michael in "The One Where Ross Finds Out" (1995)
- The Practice playing Rabbi Daniel Warner in episode 1x03 "Trial And Error" (1997)
- Diagnosis Murder playing Carter Sweeney (1998)
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation playing Paul Winston in episode 4x05 "Feeling the Heat" (2003)
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent playing Hubert Skoller in episode 4x20 "No Exit" (2005)
- Grey's Anatomy playing Adam Morris in episode 3x05 "Oh, the Guilt" (2006)
- The Riches playing Pete Mintzy in episodes 1x11 "It's a Wonderful Lie "&1x12 (2007)
- Burn Notice playing an assassin in episode 1x09 "Hard Bargain". (2007)
- Law & Order: SVU playing Saul Picard in episode 9x07 "Blinded" (2007)
- Castle playing Dr. Sidney Perlmutter (recurring role) (2009–present)
- Dollhouse playing Professor Gossen in episode 2x03 "Belle Chose" (2009)
- Leverage playing Larry Duberman (2010)
- The Mentalist playing Dr. Saban in the episode "Pink Chanel Suit" (2010)
- Lie to Me playing Dr. Hamill in the episode 3x07 "Veronica" (2010)
- Fringe playing Malcolm Truss. 04.05 "Novation" (2011)
- Criminal Minds playing Donnie Mallick in the episode 10x13 "Nelson's Sparrow" (2015)
- Return of the Jedi Radio adaptation and 1997 (reissued in 2015)Star War Episode V The Empire Strikes Back Read-Along Storybook and CD as the voice of Lando Calrissian (1996)
- "Arye Gross Biography (1960-)". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "Ellen"'s Arye Gross Is Managing Artistic Director of L.A.'s Stages Theatre". Playbill. 12 December 2000.
- Deming, Mark The Prince and the Surfer review. AllRovi.com. (All Movie Guide).