Ashe County Airport
Ashe County Airport
|Serves||Jefferson, North Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||3,178 ft / 969 m|
Ashe County Airport (ICAO: KGEV, FAA LID: GEV) is a county-owned, public-use airport in Ashe County, North Carolina, United States. It is located three nautical miles (6 km) east of the central business district of Jefferson, North Carolina. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, Ashe County Airport is assigned GEV by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned GEV to Gällivare Airport in Gällivare, Sweden). The airport's ICAO identifier is KGEV.
Facilities and aircraft
Ashe County Airport covers an area of 106 acres (43 ha) at an elevation of 3,178 feet (969 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 10/28 with an asphalt surface measuring 5001 by 75 feet (1,524 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending August 19, 2011, the airport had 10,400 aircraft operations, an average of 28 per day: 95% general aviation and 5% military. At that time there were 32 aircraft based at this airport: 97% single-engine and 3% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for GEV ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on 2012-09-27.
- "Ashe County Airport (ICAO: KGEV, FAA: GEV, IATA: none)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved July 10, 2012.
- "Gällivare Airport, Sweden (IATA: GEV, ICAO: ESNG)". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved July 10, 2012.
- "Ashe County – GEV (KGEV)". National Flight Data Center. Federal Aviation Administration. Retrieved July 10, 2012.
- "Ashe County Airport" (PDF). at North Carolina DOT airport guide
- Aerial image as of March 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for GEV, effective June 20, 2019
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|