Ashford, North Devon
|Ashford, North Devon|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Police||Devon and Cornwall|
|Fire||Devon and Somerset|
This Ashford has a different origin to other place-names called Ashford, the origin being "ash-tree enclosure" Old English æsc "ash tree" and worō / worth "enclosure". The name was recorded as Aiscawurde in 1182.
The parish church of St Peter is a grade II* listed building. The tower was rebuilt in 1798 and the remainder in 1854.
- "Ashford (Parish, United Kingdom) - Population Statistics, Charts, Map and Location". www.citypopulation.de. Retrieved 24 September 2021.
- Historic England. "CHURCH OF ST PETER (1107140)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Media related to Ashford, North Devon at Wikimedia Commons
- Devon Local Studies - Ashford community page
- Ashford in the Domesday Book