Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Amberdeep Singh|
|Produced by||Karaj Gill|
|Written by||Dheeraj Rattan|
|Screenplay by||Dheeraj Rattan|
|Starring||Amrinder Gill |
|Music by||Original Songs:|
|Cinematography||Navneet Misser (India) |
Sukh Sanghera (Canada)
|Edited by||Rohit Dhiman|
Rhythm Boyz Entertainment
Hayre Omjee Studios
|Distributed by||Omjee Group (India)
Rhythm Boyz (Canada and America)Rising Star (United States)
|Box office||₹18 crore|
Ashke is a 2018 Indian-Punjabi film based on popular folk dance Bhangra and is written by Dheeraj Rattan and directed by Amberdeep Singh. It stars Amrinder Gill, Sanjeeda Shaikh, Roopi Gill in lead roles and Sarbjit Cheema, Hobby Dhaliwal, Jaswinder Bhalla, Avy Randhawa and Gurshabad in supporting roles. Also, the film marks as debut for Roopi Gill and Sanjeeda Shaikh in Pollywood.
Pamma is in his late thirties living in Canada with his sister and her family. He is doing petty jobs but doesn't carry on for very long as he has bad temper and lack of subordination. He is struggling to live and find a direction in his Life in contrast from the Pamma from 15 years back, who was full of life and hope.
He was a passionate Bhangra dancer and was the star performer of Khalsa College, Amritsar. But things didn't work out the way he had hoped and after breaking ties with his college team, with the love of his life and his father, his sister gave him a sanctuary in her home as she loves him unconditionally.
But now at an unexpected juncture his sister's kid Ekam finds out about his dance talent and the kids are in dire need of his help. This equation brings him closer to kids and his long-lost passion but also, he comes across his lost love/Jia, in a very vulnerable situation. Pamma finds the emotions he had covered up deep in his heart for all these years.
- Amrinder Gill as Pamma
- Sanjeeda Sheikh as Jiya
- Jaswinder Bhalla as Pritam Singh Pandori
- Sarbjit Cheema as Vikram
- Hobby Dhaliwal as Dhaliwal Saab
- Gurshabad as Gogaa
- Roopi Gill as Noor
- Hardeep Gill as Pamma's father
- Avy Randhawa as Preet, Pamma's sister
- Sehaj Sahib as Agam
- Harjot as Ekam
- Amberdeep Singh as Noor's brother (special appearance)
- Vandana Chopra as Jiya's mother
- Jatinder Kaur as Jiya's grandmother
- Harish Verma as Jiya's husband (special appearance)
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Rhythm Boyz Entertainment|
|Jatinder Shah chronology|
|1.||"Ashke Title Song"||Harmanjeet||Jatinder Shah||Arif Lohar||1:59|
|2.||"Handsome Jatta"||Bunty Bains||Davvy Singh||Jordan Sandhu||2:48|
|3.||"Leekan"||Raj Ranjodh||Jatinder Shah||Amrinder Gill||3:35|
|4.||"Ashke Boliyan"||Raj Ranjodh||Jatinder Shah||Gurshabad||2:09|
|5.||"Bholepan"||Surinder Sadhpuri||Jatinder Shah||Rakesh Maini||2:42|
Amrinder Gill announced the name and release date of Ashke on Instagram on his birthday, 11 May 2018. Ashke was released worldwide on 27 July 2018. The first look poster was released on 9 July 2018 and a trailer was released the night before its release date. The film was theatrically released on 27 July 2018. Major releases includes India, Canada, United States and Australia. The film was digitally released on 15 November 2018 on YouTube by Rhythm Boyz and will be premiered first time on television on 23 December 2018 on PTC Punjabi.
Ashke had grossed $379,988(₹2.6 crores) in Australia, in New Zealand film grossed ₹53.68 lacs whereas ₹1.27 crores in United States and ₹5.94 crores in Canada in its 7 week long theatrical run making a worldwide total of ₹18 crores.
- The Tribune - the critical reviews of 3.5 out of 5 stars
- Dekh News - the critical reviews of 3.5 out of 5 stars
—Shubham Bhaukhandi, Dekh News
- "Amrinder Gill Ashke - PunjabiPollywood.com". Punjabipollywood.com. Retrieved 3 June 2018.
- "Latest Punjabi Film ASHKE announced, Amrinder to lead". Iampunjaabi.com. Retrieved 3 June 2018.
- admin (11 May 2018). "Amrinder Gill reveals his upcoming Punjabi movie title as 'Ashke' - WwGossip". WwGossip. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- "Punjabi Film Awards 2019 - BritAsia TV". BritAsia TV. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "'Ashke' new poster: Catch Amrinder Gill's happy dance moment - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- "Sanjeeda Shaikh: Films are a new medium for me." Bollywood.com. 6 July 2018. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- "After Sargun Mehta and Lovey Sasan, another TV actress to make her Punjabi film debut? - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- "'Ashke' first song: Shake a leg with the 'Handsome Jatta' Jordan Sandhu - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "Ashke | Song - Leekan | Entertainment - Times of India Videos". m.timesofindia.com. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- "Singer-actor Amrinder Gill Launches Poster of Punjabi Film Based on Bhangra". News18. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- "'Ashke' trailer: Celebrate bhangra Amrinder Gill style - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- Hungama, Bollywood (21 August 2018). "Gold beats Satyameva Jayate in overseas - Bollywood Hungama". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- Hungama, Bollywood (27 August 2018). "Happy Phirr Bhag Jayegi collects Rs. 4.2 cr. in overseas - Bollywood Hungama". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- Hungama, Bollywood (11 September 2018). "Paltan is a disaster in overseas, Stree consolidates - Bollywood Hungama". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- "Ashke". www.boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- "Ashke - Financial Information Australia". The Numbers. Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- "Dancing away to glory". tribuneindia.com.
- "Punjabi Ashke Movie Review & Ratings". dekhnews.com.